Skip navigation
McAfee Secure sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
This discussion is archived
6803 Views 11 Replies Latest reply: Jan 13, 2010 6:01 PM by Yasin RSS 1 2 Previous Next
Yasin Newcomer 27 posts since
Jan 7, 2010
Currently Being Moderated

Jan 12, 2010 6:25 AM

The license for ePolicy Orchestrator is invalid

Hi

after upgrading from EPOS v4 to  EPOS v4.5 am getting the following error when i lunch the ePolicy Orchestrator 4.5.0 Console:

"" The license for ePolicy Orchestrator is invalid ""

license is valid am sure.

thnaks

Attachments:
  • JoeBidgood McAfee SME 2,868 posts since
    Sep 11, 2009
    1. Jan 12, 2010 6:33 AM (in response to Yasin)
    Re: The license for ePolicy Orchestrator is invalid

This can be caused by ePO being unable to communicate with the database. If you check the epoapsrv.log and orion.log, are there any relevant errors?

Regards -

Joe

(Please post questions to the forum, as I am unable to respond to private messages. Thanks!)

Sep 11, 2009
    3. Jan 12, 2010 8:32 AM (in response to Yasin)

Can you restart the three ePO services, wait until you can try and log in again, and (assuming it fails again) post the epoapsrv and orion logs?

Thanks -

Joe

(Please post questions to the forum, as I am unable to respond to private messages. Thanks!)

• runcmd Apprentice 221 posts since
    Feb 22, 2006
    5. Jan 12, 2010 12:26 PM (in response to Yasin)

I ran into the same problem during a fresh install with a new DB and was also told that the error message is a sign of the ePO being unable to authenticate the database.  My issue was a combination of problems but I couldn't get myself out of the corner I was painted into.  I finally gave up and performed a complete uninstall/reinstall of the ePO using a different set of credentials for the DB which fixed it.  My understanding was that McAfee was working to make the error message more intuitive in the future.  Are you running v4.5 or v4.5 Patch 1?  If you have patch 1, it will be disappointing to learn that the error message hasn't been changed to something that makes a bit more sense.  I apologize that I'm probably not being much help...  Since you upgraded, playing with credentials and uninstalling/reinstalling probably isn't much of an option.  Here is the thread I worked from when attempting to resolve the issue I encountered:

http://community.mcafee.com/message/51508

---
    Start/RunCMD...
    C:\>
    ePO v4.5 / MA v4.6.0 / VSE v8.8, P1 / Engine v5400
    MEG (IronMail) v7.6-2810
  • runcmd Apprentice 221 posts since
    Feb 22, 2006
    7. Jan 12, 2010 3:27 PM (in response to Yasin)

I'm far from an ePO expert, so it's difficult for me to say.  If your ePO v4.5 install is an upgrade from v4, my concern would be what effect the uninstall of v4.5 would have upon your DB.  I don't know what DB differences there are between v4 and v4.5.  If the ePO at v4.5 is truly unable to connect to the DB at this point, then maybe it doesn't matter because no changes have been made.  ...That's where our installation roads are different...  I performed a parallel "upgrade" from v3.5 to v4.5 with a new ePO server and a fresh DB.  Again, I'm sorry I'm not being much help.  If you're confident in your DB backup and ability to piece ePO v4 back together, then go for it.  If not, and if I were in your shoes, I'd open a case with support.

---
    Start/RunCMD...
    C:\>
    ePO v4.5 / MA v4.6.0 / VSE v8.8, P1 / Engine v5400
    MEG (IronMail) v7.6-2810
    Sep 11, 2009
    9. Jan 13, 2010 4:48 AM (in response to Yasin)

Okay, this error:

2010-01-12 07:42:46,375 ERROR [http-8443-Processor24] auth.OrionUser - OrionUser: invalid auth type:pwd

means that ePO doesn't know how to authenticate the user, which is comparatively serious. You have a case open already, which is good - I would imagine that the technician handling the case will need to see a copy of your database.

Regards -

Joe

1 2 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• Correct Answers - 5 points
  • Helpful Answers - 3 points