Mcafee Updates are used to:
Keep DAT files current with new malware added to the detection lists by which they are detected when any trojan outbreaks occur.
They keep applications up-to-date to prevent compatibility issues between operating system updates and third-party applications, and to resolve functional issues.
Install new releases which are used to update features, add new functionality, and increase the ease of use.
and yes , you could specify what to be done when updates are found, please follow the below prompts:
- Double-click the AM icon in your task bar.
- Change to the Advanced menu and click Configure on the bottom-left menu.
- In the SecurityCenter Configuration panel under Protection Status, click Advanced.
- Under SecurityCenter Configuration, select Update Options.
- Select the update option you prefer.
Thanks & Regards,