1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 11, 2010 2:52 PM by RMSe17

Setting up Alert Manager connection

I am installing VirusScan Enterprise 8.7 service release 2, and I am trying to connect it to our Alert Manager server.  But for some reason when I paste the fully qualified domain name of the server, the OK button is greyed out.  I have an option to browse the network, but that option doesn't show any of our servers.  I can paste the same name into the Centralized option, and the OK button works there.  Is there some other method to get the VirusScan Enterprise to use the name of our server?  Is it a setting in some file that I can access directly, or maybe registry entry?

Thanks,

RMSe17

• 1. Re: Setting up Alert Manager connection
          rmetzger

RMSe17 wrote:

I am installing VirusScan Enterprise 8.7 service release 2, and I am trying to connect it to our Alert Manager server.  But for some reason when I paste the fully qualified domain name of the server, the OK button is greyed out.  I have an option to browse the network, but that option doesn't show any of our servers.  I can paste the same name into the Centralized option, and the OK button works there.  Is there some other method to get the VirusScan Enterprise to use the name of our server?  Is it a setting in some file that I can access directly, or maybe registry entry?

Thanks,

RMSe17

Hi,

See https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB52829

Corporate KnowledgeBase ID:   KB52829
          Published:   May 06, 2009

Environment

McAfee Alert Manager
          Microsoft Windows

Solution

On May 30th, 2009, Alert Manager will reach its End of Full Service Support date. Technical support will no longer be provided for Alert Manager by McAfee's Customer Support organization after this date.
          As of May 1st, 2009, customers who are still running Alert Manager will be required to upgrade to McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator (ePO) or purchase custom support (telephone support only, no product developments) for one additional year. The custom support SKU will be available starting in early Q3 2008.
          Please note that Alert Manager is currently on maintenance support mode. Alert Manager is not supported to work in conjunction with ePO 4.0. No engineering fixes will be provided, and Support will be provided as best effort.
          In addition, McAfee will not perform compatibility testing with new releases of Windows OS and Internet Explorer. This means that the following versions of Microsoft Windows are not supported by Alert Manager.
          • Microsoft Windows Vista
          • Microsoft Windows Server 2008

ePO may be needed. No support for Alert Manager is available, unless you purchased custom support (telephone support only, no product developments). What OS are attempting this on? What version of IE?

Hope this helps.

Ron Metzger