3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 9, 2010 8:49 AM by Peter M

Why do we have to pay an Extra £60 to remove Virus

Hello,

I have been informed by Technical Support that I may have a Virus on this PC. It seems to be infected by one which changes the Date to 12/04/2016 at 01.00 am.

I've then been informed that I have to Pay £60 to have Mcafee Virus Team come online to clear up the PC. What is the point of Paying Year after Year for an installed Anti-Virus, that is not doing it's job and can not even clean up the PC when it's got passed the checking system ?

It also seems to me that the Product is not doing as advertised.

• 1. Re: Why do we have to pay an Extra £60 to remove Virus
          Peter M

You would be told that by any anti-virus software maker, but there are other ways as I posted in your other thread.

• 2. Re: Why do we have to pay an Extra £60 to remove Virus

I still don't like it. What is the Annual fee for then ?

It seems better to just have a free-be from the internet looking after the PC, and then if / when I get a virus use the Free Virus checker from Mcafee. If it removes it all well and good, if not Pay £60 to have them remove it.

On this bases, it would have been a lot cheaper to do it that way, as this is my first virus on this laptop and I've been paying for protection from Mcafee for 4 years

Pete

• 3. Re: Why do we have to pay an Extra £60 to remove Virus
              Peter M

There is no such thing as the perfect protection software - nothing will protect you 100%, you just have to be extremely careful and always keep your system up to date.

Anti-virus and firewall protection is essential but one has to keep alert.

That's why there are so many tools out there to fight these things.   There is always a free alternative to paid virus removal, however, if you want the convenience of having someone else do it for you then it's logical that you should pay for such a service.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 09/01/10 9:49:23 EST AM