3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 17, 2010 1:23 AM by samirk

Agent Version

Good day,

I upgrade to McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator 4.5.0 from ePO agent 3.6

When eva i try to deploy agent for ePO non-compliance systems i notice that that agent version is still: ePO agent 3.6.0 (current).

What i need is to change the agent version from 3.6.0(current) to 4.5(current).

Is that possible?

May u provide me with the best solution fit?

Thanks for cooperation,

Regards.

• 1. Re: Agent Version
          Attila Polinger

Hi,

we here are not running ePO 4.5, just epo 4, but the agent deployment logic shoud be the same, I suppose so here it is:

- when you deploy the agent 4.5 by pushing, the deployment task need to have an account and password which islocal administrator on the target machine. If this is not os, the the deployment task will indicate this in its task log viewable on the ePO 4.5 server. the account needs to have persmission to the ADMIN$ share on the client, that is why.

- when pushing the agent 4.5 succeeds, only the local installation fails for some reason, then you need to examine the frminst_hostname.log, most likely under %TEMP%\Nailogs\ or %TEMP%\McAfeeLogs. This is a collective log, may contain output from several attempted consecutive installation, so the most current information is at the end of it.

- also as far as I know the agent installation package follows MSI standard so if a client has the PendingfileRenamesOperations key under HKLM\System\CurrentcontrolSet\System\sessionManager, it interprets as if a curren other t installation has not yet finished and thus will not attempt to install the agent until the client is rebooted.

These are the most common tings that came to mind.

Attila

• 2. Re: Agent Version

Dear Samirk,

the information which package is available for installation gets queried from the master repository.

If you want to update the record shown in the screenshot you will need to download the McAfee Agent 4.5 from the page https://secure.nai.com/apps/downloads/my_products/login.asp whilst accessing it using your current grant-number.

Once you have downloaded the McAfee Agent 4.5 zip package navigate in the ePO console to "Menu" => "Software" => "Master Repository". There at the bottom you will find a button "Actions" and the option to "Check in package".

In the next window navigate to the McAfee Agent 4.5 zip package and check the package into the master repository using the buttons on the right bottom.

NOTE: Performing these steps will overwrite the entries for the Agent 3.6.0.

HTH,

Rene

Message was edited by: Rene Wiese on 17/01/10 01:02:01 GMT
            • 3. Re: Agent Version

Thanks alot Rene for your support and help.

it really hits the target.