3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 7, 2010 6:36 AM by JoeBidgood

Should I upgrade to EPO 4.5?

Hi all,

Im currently running the below setup and was thinking about upgrading to EPO 4.5.  Does my current environment look ok to perform the upgrade on?

What other steps should I take before doing this?

Current Setups

EPO 4.0 Build 1221

VSE 8.5 Patch 8

Agent 4.0.0.141

Although we do have a few systems still using agent 3.6 and VSE 8.

My plan was to backup the server.  Install latest patchs for EPO 4.0, reboot.  Then install EPO 4.5.

Regards

Spooter

• 1. Re: Should I upgrade to EPO 4.5?
          JoeBidgood

The only thing there that I can see is the machines on CMA 3.6 / VSE 8. You really need to get these to at least MA4 / VSE 8.5 before you upgrade.

I'm not sure what agent version you have - did you mean 4.0.0.1421? If so, in an ideal world, I would recommend upgrading your agents to Patch 3 (4.0.0.1494) or preferably MA 4.5, which will give you added benefit (such as SSL comms) when you upgrade the server to 4.5: but this is not compulsory.

Otherwise your approach seems fine

Regards -

Joe

• 2. Re: Should I upgrade to EPO 4.5?

Hi Joe

Thanks for your reply.  If I download Agent 4 Patch 3 and check it into EPO it wont deploy automatically through Global Updating will it?

I will have to select the machines and select Deploy agent correct?  Or use a task correct?  I just dont want to check it in and start deploying it worldwide.

Regards

Spooter

• 3. Re: Should I upgrade to EPO 4.5?
              JoeBidgood

That's correct - the agent is installed by a deployment task, not an update task, so as long as your deployment tasks are *not* set to install the agent, you should be fine.

Regards -

Joe