3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 15, 2010 1:49 PM by Weimar

Mcafee Massege error

Good day my frinds,, i have Mcafee virus scan + Anti spyware Enterprice 8.5.0 i and always receive a alarm message on the windows every 5 minates , is there any help ,,,kandlly attached file this Massege.

• 1. Re: Mcafee Massege error

That is a buffer overflow attack blocked, update the viruscan with patch 8, or upgrade to 8.7i version, if you have Host Intrusion prevention module, install it, you can personalize the alarm, to do not appear every 5 min, in the mcafee viruscan  configuration panel - buffer overflow protection, disable the alarm check, but i recommed install too the HIPS to best security.

• 2. Re: Mcafee Massege error
            Weimar

Hello, if indeed this may be an attack, trying to overflow the buffer, the initial recommendation is that you use a tool called Hips McAfee, but it would be good initially retraived Microsoft patches and to use a detection tool microsoft malware, McAfee, against a worm called conficker, very often these days, I recommend that you upgrade to McAfee VirusScan 87i, and you change the eaves level for a longer period may be 60 minutes

• 3. Re: Mcafee Massege error
              Weimar

Hello, if indeed this may be an attack, trying to overflow the buffer, the initial recommendation is that you use a tool called Hips McAfee, but it would be good initially retraived Microsoft patches and to use a detection tool microsoft malware, McAfee, against a worm called conficker, very often these days, I recommend that you upgrade to McAfee VirusScan 87i, and you change the eaves level for a longer period may be 60 minutes