1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 11, 2010 6:03 AM by cjwood

Windows 7 system freezes when VirusScan 13.15 full scan running in background

My Windows 7 system has frozen twice today. I can't even get Caps Lock to come on. I have to power-cycle to recover.

I've been running Win 7 for about a month, and I haven't seen this problem before. The only difference I can think of is that I had VirusScan 13.15 doing a full background scan both times when the system froze. And I think this is the full scan I've done since I switched to Win 7.

Has anyone else had a freeze-up when running a full scan under Win 7?

Thanks,

DT

• 1. Re: Windows 7 system freezes when VirusScan 13.15 full scan running in background

I have this issue as well.  Have Windows 7 installed on laptop, running VirusScan 13.15 with build 13.15.113.  Mcafee wants to run full scan, however it takes FOREVER to run - we're talking all day long.  I have gotten it to complete once, but never got the summary page and the log shows no record of it running.  I have seen some discussions where a particular file is located as causing the problem - I have no idea how to locate any such file since I cannot locate any log or record of the scan.