1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 4, 2010 7:49 AM by Peter M

I am looking for some support answers concerning my upgrading from xp to windows 7

Not sure how to do this .. I am looking for some support answers concerning my upgrading from xp to windows 7 and now reactivating my McAfee protections .. how do I do this without charge etc.  I have active account?

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 04/01/10 8:43:22 EST AM
        • 1. Re: I am looking for some support answers concerning my upgrading from xp to windows 7
          Peter M

Provided your SecurityCenter is version 9.15 or later it will work fine in Windows 7, both x86 or x64.  You can check the version by opening SecurityCenter (right-click the taskbar icon and select that item or double-click it) and then click About in the lower right-hand corner.

I assume you are doing a clean install of Windows 7?   Actually upgrading from XP to 7 is a complicated process, but if you are doing that then enable Windows Firewall for the duration and remove all McAfee products first.  Do that via the Control Panel/Add or Remove Programs and then use the MCPR removal tool and reboot.

Once Windows 7 is fully installed then reinstall your McAfee products from your online account.

By the way I shortened your header for this thread as it was causing navigation errors.  Best to always keep headers brief.