1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 4, 2010 11:05 AM by Dinz

Help!!! I cannot get McAfee to start

Help!!!

I cannot get McAfee to start at all.  I did the McAfee virtual technican scan (23100489) but it only sees McAfee Site Advisor.  I looked in the msconfig and McAfee is not started and will not start.

I had a problem with desktop defender 2010, that was removed by microsoft technican remotely.(I think???)

I had Symantec antivirus before and removed it since it did not work against desktop defender 2010.  I loaded McAfee virus scan protection yesterday and I have not got it to work at all.

Now I have no protection on my computer.

Help!!!

Derrick

• 1. Re: Help!!! I cannot get McAfee to start
          Dinz

Hi,

Please follow the below steps to restart security center ;

Check and delete if you have any other security software in add/remove programs or its file and folders in C:/program files and common files.

Click start – run – type services.msc, In the services local window, check whether all mcafee services are started and automatic , if not double click on the particular mcafee service and change the start up type to be automatic ,
          Click recovery tab at the top and change all three failures to “restart the service”.
          Click Ok

Close all the programs and restart the computer and then try to open security center.

Kindly report back if you have any issues on the same.

Regards,
          Dinesh K