9 Replies Latest reply on Jan 29, 2010 10:46 AM by SamSwift

System Security and TrojanSPM/LX

Please pardom me if my issue is naive.  I have been trying to rid my other laptop running xp of System Security and its TrojanSPM/LX warning.  I have run a full scan in normal mode and found nothing.ull scan i  I got a fix message afterwards but got an error message on tring to fix it.  I am running a full scan in safe mode, but am not hopeful that it will identify and fix the problems.  Other online advice does not work because Notepad and Taskmgr have been compromized.  I need step by step instructions that will resolve this.  Please let me know how to to this or where I can get help.

• 1. Re: System Security and TrojanSPM/LX
          Dinz

Hi,

This spyware in computer seems to be a recent outbreak.I would recommend you to run stinger utility , please follow the below steps which would help you:

Stinger is a stand-alone utility used to detect and remove specific viruses. It is not a substitute for full anti-virus protection, but rather a tool to assist administrators and users when dealing with an infected system. Stinger utilizes next generation scan engine technology, including process scanning, digitally signed DAT files, and scan performance optimizations.

How do I use Stinger?

1. Download v10.0.1.688 [5,207,047 bytes] (11/23/2009)
          2. This version of Stinger includes detection for all known variants, as of November 23rd, 2009:
          3. Detects and removes threats identified here
          4. When prompted, choose to save the file to a convenient location on your hard disk (such as your Desktop folder).

5. When the download is complete, navigate to the folder that contains the downloaded Stinger file, and run it. WindowsME/XP/Vista users read this first.

6. The Stinger interface will be displayed.

7. If necessary, click the Add or Browse button to add additional drives/directories to scan. By default the C: drive will be scanned.
          8. Click the Scan Now button to begin scanning the specified drives/directories.
          9. By default, Stinger will repair all infected files found.

Kindly report back if you still have issues.

note:moving thread to virus scan 13-2009

Regards,

Dinesh K

• 2. Re: System Security and TrojanSPM/LX

Same problem - the stinger didn't find the problem for me - McAfee suite can't find the problem either (I run an updated version which didn't stop this from happening) any other suggestions

Message was edited by: daisydoo on 1/5/10 10:32:09 PM CST
            • 3. Re: System Security and TrojanSPM/LX

same problem with me.  Ran full scan did not detect, running stinger right now.  any other advice?

• 4. Re: System Security and TrojanSPM/LX

Does anyone have a fix for this....I have been trying to remove this same trojan for two days now. I have ran full scans with McAfee at least 5 times, Microsofts malware remover 3 times...and the Stinger twice. I was also wondering if Worm.Win32,NetSky is the same as TrojanSPM/LX? I am getting the  Worm.Win32.NetSky  waring on reboot The TrojanSPM/LX is poping up about every 10 minutes now.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.   Thanks

• 5. Re: System Security and TrojanSPM/LX

Update....I ran the 1-29-10 updated version of Stinger this morning and seems to have resolved this problem.

• 6. Re: System Security and TrojanSPM/LX

Same exact problemm here for several days. Ill check out Stinger too and report back.

• 7. Re: System Security and TrojanSPM/LX

Enigma65, could you please tell me where that latest Stinger is?

• 8. Re: System Security and TrojanSPM/LX
                        BalaSGS

Hi All,

Sorry for the delayed response, I will move the thread to malware discussion [General Malware Discussion > Home User Assistance]

• 9. Re: System Security and TrojanSPM/LX
                          SamSwift

Have a look here

Some people have had good success with, other less so. As a first run you might want to run it in report only mode, with network heuristic check sensitivity level set to high (both available on the 'preferences' button - and please don't run one without the other).

Cheers,

Sam