3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 29, 2010 12:17 PM by BalaSGS Branched to a new discussion.

Problems updating my mcafee antivirus

I have a problem during the installation of the upgrade of mcafee antivirus. I've paid de upgrade for two years. I've already upgrated one computer but I want to upgrade another one, The steps I've followed are:

- I've logged on in my mcafee acount.

- I've downloaded my product for update

- I've executed it.

Then I saw the window of mcafee installation, but it stops when I have to chose the kind of installation (tipical or custom); so far, I've  not seen the window with this last question. Then the program installation seems to be stopped or hung. I've waited for 1 hour but it doesn't respond. It seems to be working, but it doesan't respond.

I attach a document with two last windows I saw.

I have Vista installed, and a previous and caducated release of the antivirus,

Thanks for your help.

• 1. Re: Problems updating my mcafee antivirus
          Dinz

Hey guillem,

Thanks for posting the image of the error,

This seems more likely to be a browser related issue as you get a blank window during installation ,

Open your internet explorer, click help (at the top), click about internet explorer and post me with the version and cipher strength.

Regards,
          Dinesh K

• 2. Re: Problems updating my mcafee antivirus

I HAVE A MCFEE ANTIVIRUS THAT IT HAVEN'T WORK FOR 3 MONTHS,HAD VIRUSES ON MY PC THAT COST ME $150 ON REPAIRS AND MCFEE SIDE DOES NOT FIX THE PROBLEM..THEY HAVE GIVE ME LIKE 6 PASSWORDS AND NONE WORK...AND THE TIME KEEO PASSING BY..AND I PAY MONEY FOR A YEARLY ANTIVIRUS...CAN'T BELIEVE THAT A COMPANY WITH SO MANY MILLIONS CAN NOT SEND MEA FRESH BRAND NEW COPY AND LET ME WITHOUT PROTECCTION AND IT IS A PROBLEM ON THEIR SIDE...SHAME ON YOU MCFEE...DO NOT BUY MCFEE CUSTOMERS..IT IS A RIPP OF..AND IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM THIS COMPANY DOES NOT HAVE COMMON SENSE TO SOLVE IT....DO NOT BUY MC FEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE..

JESUS RODRIGUEZ.

• 3. Re: Problems updating my mcafee antivirus
              BalaSGS

Hi,

Please do not post multiple threads. If you need help ask the question in the exiting thread you created earlier.