6 Replies Latest reply on Jan 3, 2010 6:15 AM by Peter M

mcafee total protection 2009

how do u fix your mcafee total protection's detection signature file(dat)?

• 1. Re: mcafee total protection 2009

Hi D-Unit ,

When you say McAfee total protection signature files (DAT) issue, i would like to know if the Signature files are between 8-29 days old or more than 30 days as there are different procedure that needs to be followed for those. So i request you to find it out & post it here in your next reply. You can find Signature files details towards your right on McAfee security Center and you can launch it by right clicking on M icon next to the clock towards your right at the bottom then click on "Open Security center". Also please let me know which version of windows operating system on your PC , like xp, Vista, windows 7....along with service pack number.

The above mentioned details are required to go ahead to fix this issue. So looking forward from you .

Regards,

Rakesh P

McAfee Technical Support

• 2. Re: mcafee total protection 2009

hi,

my signature file(DAT) is more than 30 days old

Version of windows Operating System : Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Version 2002

Service Pack 2

Message was edited by: D-Unit on 01/01/10 9:24:40 CST PM
            • 3. Re: mcafee total protection 2009
              Peter M

Moved to SecurityCenter 9 - 2009 as a more appropriate spot.   Check your system clock for accuracy both time and timezone-wise.

You should have installed SP3 ages ago and I suggest that you make that a priority once this is sorted out.  There are some helpful hints on how to make that go smoothly here:  http://community.mcafee.com/message/6631#6631

• 4. Re: mcafee total protection 2009
                Peter M

I forgot to ask, what browser and version are you using and if Internet Explorer isn't your default I still need to know its version.

By the way I jumped in as it's now the weekend and McAfee support staff are usually scarce on this board at that time.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 02/01/10 8:48:52 EST AM
                • 5. Re: mcafee total protection 2009

Browser: Internet Explorer 7

Message was edited by: D-Unit on 02/01/10 8:33:24 CST PM
                  • 6. Re: mcafee total protection 2009
                    Peter M

Try downloading Internet Explorer 8 here:  http://www.microsoft.com/windows/internet-explorer/worldwide-sites.aspx

Once downloaded, go to Tools/Internet Options/Advanced and click "Reset" then click Apply and OK.

Close and reopen IE8 and go to Tools/Manage Add-ons and re-enable any of the add-ons you need.

See if that helps.

Failing all this I suggest contacting Technical Support Chat available through the McAfee Support link at the top of this page.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 03/01/10 7:15:17 EST AM