1 2 Previous Next 15 Replies Latest reply on Jan 4, 2010 9:48 AM by Fademidun

Deploying client from ePO

Fademidun

Hi,

Please I have problem deploying vse 8.5 from ePO 4.0, created new task from client task and product deployment, choose 8.5, enabled and run immediately, which didn't work, also change the options to run al logon which did'nt do anything however the agent install fine. Is there anything I'm not doing right, please help

ePO on W2K3

client on XP and W2K3

Thanks

• 1. Re: Deploying client from ePO
          staripley

If you look at the agent log do you see that the system got the task?  After you created the task did you do a wake up to that/those systems so they gotthe new task other wise it will wait until next ASCI.

• 2. Re: Deploying client from ePO

I am having the same issue.  The problem for me is the Windows firewall.  If I turn it off then the agent deploys.  If it is on the agent fails to deploy.  Now if I can find out exactly what ports need to be opened I can create a Group Policy that opens those ports for the EPO server.

• 3. Re: Deploying client from ePO
              Reiner

Hi Fademidum,

Do you get any error messages? What is in the agent log? Try and run the task again. If it is set to run immediately, modify something in the task properties (e.g. rename the task) so it runs again.  Bring up the agent monitor and look what the agent is doing. It should notice that the task has changed and invoke it again. It will check a couple of things and then try to download the relevant package and install it. Of coure, make sure that the task is actually set up for the machine where you wish to deploy VSE (select the machine and click modify tasks for a single machine, that will show you all task that relate to the machine).

Also, check that you do not have duplicate machines and looking at the wrong one (search for it using the dashboard).

Reiner

1 of 1 people found this helpful
              • 4. Re: Deploying client from ePO

İf you use OS image system , you should change SID number all client. I meeting this problem and this way work.

• 5. Re: Deploying client from ePO
                  Fademidun

Thanks,

Not using OS Image, fresh install on 3 servers and 2 xp machine but mostly concern with the servers (W2K3 sp2)

• 6. Re: Deploying client from ePO
                    Fademidun

Hi,

Many thanks for your advise. I did not do wake up, I'm doing exactly same thing as when i deploy agent. Is the process different to that of agent deployement? I manually check in the packages for VSE 8.5 & 8.7, go to system, created client task and select product deployment, select vse 8.5, target product - windows and select run immediately but nothing happens. I am basically following the doc supplied by McAfee on client install. Wake up only refer to superdats, do Ihave to make this super dats and there's an option to change to superdat or what is the rifght process in deploying client from ePO

Many thanks

• 7. Re: Deploying client from ePO
                      Fademidun

Hi,

I am not using firewall, windows firewall/ICS service is disabled on all servers

Thanks

• 8. Re: Deploying client from ePO
                        Fademidun

Hi,

I have no error message, Where can I find agent log and agent monitor. I do not have a duplicate, the machine was specifically built for this process

Thanks

• 9. Re: Deploying client from ePO
                          Reiner

Hi Fademidun ,

The agent log can be found in <DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS>\ALL USERS\APPLICATION DATA\MCAFEE\COMMON
                          FRAMEWORK\DB folder (agent<machine name>.log).

Regarding the agent monitor, there are several ways but try this one:

From a DOS prompt, navigate to the agent installation directory (e.g. cd Program Files\McAfee\Common Framework)
                          Type cmdagent.exe /s and press<Enter> to execute the command to display the ePO agent status monitor.

Reiner

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                          1 2 Previous Next