1 2 Previous Next 13 Replies Latest reply on Jan 16, 2010 12:08 PM by Sebstar Branched to a new discussion.

Hinder McAfee putting a file under quarantine

Aloha,

since the last update I've got the following problem:

My Security Center identifies a trojan (generic dropper!bpi) in a file (ragnawatch2.exe). But there is no trojan in this file.

So, Security Center puts it under quarantine. When I deactivate the Virusscan, I can restore the file but after reactivating the Scan, it's putted under qurantine again immediatly.

I tried to allow this file to use all incoming and outgoing internet connections, but Security Center deletes this settings when putting it back under quarantine.

I contacted the customer support and it told me to send in the file to the WebImmune labs.

The conclusion of the analysis is, that the file contains a trojan and can be deleted by Virusscan.

So, is there any way to hinder Security Center putting this file under quarantine?

Nachricht geändert durch Sebstar on 16.01.10 04:45:58 CST

Message was edited by: Samantha Price - please don't attach samples to this community even if you strongly believe them to be a false detection. Thanks. on 1/16/10 5:59:48 AM CST
        1 2 Previous Next