1 2 3 Previous Next 24 Replies Latest reply on Jan 26, 2011 5:11 AM by Thomas_RCC

EEPC v6 Multiple Issues

Hi

I am having multiple issues post EEPC v6 installation,

• I am having issues with assigning multiple users to the system, i have assigned 2 users to the system but when i try to log in with the second user it gives a message saying unknown user.
      • Also even after enabling SSO the system does not login to windows on its own.
      • Post installation of EEPC v6 the system does not Hibernate, it just shutsdown even after selecting the Hibernate option, i am using Windows XP with SP3
      • Lastly not sure if this is a EEPC v6 issue post installation during the EEPC logon there is a continuous beeping sound while entering the user name & password, its fine when it boots into windows

Regards

Pawar

• 1. Re: EEPC v6 Multiple Issues

( 1 ) Make sure that second user is assigned to your system. "Data Protection" -> "Encryption Users"

( 2 ) What options did you choose in "Log On" tab of encryption product settings policy?

( 3 ) Was system hibernating properly before installing EEv6?

There should be also two options in "Log On" tab, they might be turned on by default. But they do not show up properly:

Disable suspendThis option stops the system from suspending.
          Disable hibernateThis option stops the system from hibernating.

( 4 ) Did you select "Enable Accessability" in "Logon Tab"? I guess you did.

• 2. Re: EEPC v6 Multiple Issues

Hi Peter,

1. I have assigned the second user in Data Protection --> Encryption users but i am still not able to logon with the second use
            2. In the Log on tab the following options have been selected
                1. Do Not display previous user name
                2. Add Local domain users
                3. Enable Accessibilty [Should i disable this?]
            3. Enable SSO
                1. Must Match user name
                2. Synchonise password with windows

Also i cannot see any options for Hibernate & Suspend under the Log on Tab, any reason for this not showing up?

I was able to hibernate the system before installing EE v6 and was able to do so with the earlier version as well.

Regards

Pawar

• 3. Re: EEPC v6 Multiple Issues

Can you perform in "McAfee Agent Monitor" -> "Collect and Send Props", then "Enforce Policies". After all finished, "Save Contents to Desktop" and then attach that text to your reply. That helps with troubleshooting.

Do your Windows login name and preboot are the same?

Hibernate and Suspend is missing from "Log On" tab controls, but listed in the Help. So this must be EEv6 bug.

• 4. Re: EEPC v6 Multiple Issues

Attached is the log file

My windows login and the preboot user name are the same.

Regards

Pawar

• 5. Re: EEPC v6 Multiple Issues

You seem to be missing EE user based policies. Did you assign EE User Based Policy to you system?

Agent would then show something like:

Management 12/16/2009 8:04:59 PM Info Enforcing User (domainname/second-user) Policies for EEADMIN_1000
                  Management 12/16/2009 8:04:59 PM Info Enforcing User (domainname/first-user) Policies for EEADMIN_1000

on 12/16/09 8:59:18 PM EST
                  • 6. Re: EEPC v6 Multiple Issues

Hi Peter,

I have assigned user based policies to the group, have i missed out anything here?

UBP.JPG

• 7. Re: EEPC v6 Multiple Issues

What is important, is what policy you have currently active on your PC (err.. System).

• 8. Re: EEPC v6 Multiple Issues

Peter,

Both the policies [Product Settings & UBP] defined are currently active on the system.

I am currently testing out the same set of policies on another system and the SSO is working on that system but no Hibernation support windows shows that the system is hibernating but once you restart Windows XP restarts and I am still not able to add additional users

Any ideas what is causing all these issues.

Regards

Dilip

• 9. Re: EEPC v6 Multiple Issues

Peter,

I was able to fix the following issues except the hibernation

• I have now assigned multiple users to the system, I figured out that i was able to add multiple users right from the beginning but the users were being added using the display name from the LDAP and not the samaccountname, as i was able to log on to the system using the display name, i changed this in the LDAP synch task and it worked for me, but i still do not get any notification in the Mcafee Agent log about adding or deleting a particular user.
                          • SSO is now working fine.
                          • The beeping sound has been gone since disabling the accessibilty option

As mentioned i am still unable to get the system hibernated as i cannot see the suspend and hibernate options, i will probably raise with support.

Thanks for all your help.

Regards

Dilip

1 2 3 Previous Next