1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 16, 2009 4:46 PM by Scissor

VSE 8.7 Patch 2 upgrade causes EPO unwanted programs policies to revert to default

During the upgrade to VSE 8.7 Patch 2, we are seeing the Unwanted Programs policy revert briefly to McAfee default.

This means that any exclusions are ignored and therefore those excluded programs are removed (ie VNC).

Once the update is complete, the policy reverts back to EPO, but the damage is done.

We are EPO 4.0.

• 1. Re: VSE 8.7 Patch 2 upgrade causes EPO unwanted programs policies to revert to default

I ran into this when I installed 8.5.

I think you need to download the McAfee Installation Designer (MID) for VirusScan 8.7.  Using MID, you can create a customized VirusScan installation package with the unwanted programs policy configured how you like it (perhaps disabled?).    

Then I think you check your customized package into ePol.

Then when your customized package installs, the initial settings will match what you selected in MID until the Agent checks in and grabs your assigned Policies.

It was a little bit of a hassle.  Thanks for reminding me though.. I'm getting ready to roll VS8.7 out to my company and would have been bitten by this problem again if you didn't remind me.