I will leave the judging to others as you may feel I am biased but the feedback has been very good so far.
VSE for Storage is a Windows server-based product that specifically provides anti-malware protection to Network Appliance (NetApp) network attached storage (NAS) appliances and Sun Storage Tek NAS appliances. VSE for Storage 1.0 provides on-demand scanning services to attached NAS appliances and helps protect the NAS system from malware threats. When a client system attempts to access a file on the NAS, the filer’s operating system ( e.g. Data ONTAP™ in case of NetApp NAS) determines if the file needs to be scanned. If the file needs to be scanned, the filer sends a request to the scan server and VSE for Storage scans the file and if necessary, takes action on the file.
VSE for Storage is a replacement for VirusScan for NetApp 7.1.
Key features of VSE for Storage 1.0 are:
- Architectural enhancements leveraging improvements in the VirusScan Enterprise (VSE) 8.7i base product
- Uses the latest 5300 anti-malware scanning engine
- Completely configurable, manageable and reportable either stand-alone or through ePO 3.6.1 and ePO 4.x
- Dedicated storage scanner with dedicated configuration console
- Dedicated reporting capability through ePO 4.0
- Support for NetApp DataOnTap 6.1 and above, including DataOnTap 7.x
- Support for ICAP with dedicated console for ICAP configuration: VSE for Storage 1.0 supports Sun NAS appliances
- Support for Quarantine Manager in VSE for Storage
- Supported platforms: Windows Server 2003 (32- and 64-bit), Microsoft Server 2008 (32- and 64-bit)