3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 18, 2009 1:24 PM by JaapB

DLP: SQL error generating agent bypass key

Hello,

I created a new permission set in ePO 4.0 which allows members to only generate Agent ByPass keys for DLP. Also i created two new accounts with ePO authentication and applied to newly created permission set. I tried to generate a agent bypass key with one of the accounts, but got the following error:

• Cannot open database "DBNAME" requested by the login. The login failed. Login failed for user "domain\account".

Any help will be appreciated.

• 1. Re: DLP: SQL error generating agent bypass key

Does tht user have read access to the SQL database? How about creating client task and generating other queries logging into the same a/c? Also check if you have allowed the user for DLPWCS service. When you install DLPWCS if you have not chosen something like "everyone" and "domain users" - that might be creating some issues?

What version of DLP you have - suppose DLP 3.0?

- AB

• 2. Re: DLP: SQL error generating agent bypass key

We are running DLP 3.0. There is no DLPWCS service. Maybe you mean DLPWCF. Both accounts are member of a group which has access to DLPWCF.

I have given the two user access to the server/datebase and supplied them the role DB_Datareader. When i perform a test, i get the following message:

EXECUTE permission denied on object DLP_sp_PolicyInfo, database EPODB_SERVER, schema dbo

Message was edited by: JaapB on 12/18/09 1:08:05 AM CST
            • 3. Re: DLP: SQL error generating agent bypass key

I solved the problem. I created a new role (CREATE ROLE db_executor) and granted the role execute rights (GRANT EXECUTE TO db_executor). After that i granted my account the db-executor role.

Message was edited by: JaapB on 12/18/09 1:24:05 PM CST