1 of 1 people found this helpful
The push should work fine even if the agent is currently installed. Even if you don't check the "forcinstall" option the push itself should work the agent just may not install. Here is how we define "the push"
- Framepkg.exe is copied from the EPO server's master repository to the "admin$" on the client
- Remote registry service is used to launch the install
After step 2 above EPO will record a successful "push" in the server task log. Notice it has nothing to do with whether the install was ultimately successful or not. So if your recording push failures in your EPO server task log then we are having a different problem.
You may be having an issue with the agent not regenerating everything correctly during a forceinstall. Particularly if you are pushing to resolve a duplicate agent GUID issue. I noticed the agent version you are using (22.214.171.1241 = MA 4.0 patch 2) is a bit out of date. If you cannot go to MA 4.5 then you should go to MA 4.0 patch 3 (126.96.36.1994) which resolves an issue where an agent GUID is not re-created when forcinstalling the agent.
You can follow these instructions to point an agent at a new EPO server without reinstalling:
- Disable VSE's Access Protection
- Stop the McAfee Framework Service
- Grab a copy of the following files from a working agent's data directory and replace them in the same directory on the broken agent (assumes default directory on WinXP):
- C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\McAfee\Common Framework\srpubkey.bin
- C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\McAfee\Common Framework\reqseckey.bin
- C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\McAfee\Common Framework\sitelist.xml
- Delete all of the BIN keys in this registry location: [HKLM\Software\Network Associates\ePolicy Orchestrator\Agent\Keys]
- Start the McAfee Framework Service
- Perform an ASCI
Thanks for the reply Jeremy, it sheds more light on this.
Meanwhile my problem has been solved.
As you point out the 188.8.131.521 is a bit old. I've downloaded the 184.108.40.2064 version and this perfectly replaces all the present agents. So now i can distribute these new agents on any machine in my environment and gradually say goodbye to the old 3.6 ePO server.