1 2 3 Previous Next 44 Replies Latest reply on Jul 3, 2014 6:24 AM by Ben Tupper

Deploy to computer via EPO 4.5

Followed Quick Start guide and created my EE Windows agent client task first then my EE Software client task.  When I wake up client, the PC executes the tasks but fails will Error occurred while installing EEADMIN_1000 in the Agent Monitor.

• 1. Re: Deploy to computer via EPO 4.5

are you trying to deploy EEAdmin to your clients? I though that was the plugin for EPO? Did you check in EEAdmin.zip rather than installing it as an extension?

Message was edited by: SafeBoot on 12/15/09 3:11:21 PM GMT-05:00
          • 2. Re: Deploy to computer via EPO 4.5

first I installed the EEADMIN.zip and EEPC.zip to the extensions.  The I checked in MfeEEAgent.zip and MfeEEPC.zip to the master repository.  After that I created a group in the system tree and added 2 computers to the group.  I then created a tag called EEPC that I can use to determine what computers get the software.

Next I went to client tasks for the group and setup my Encryption agent task first, selecting the Endpoint Encryption Agent for Windows 1.0.0.22 from the Products dropdown and set it to install only to computers with the EEPC tag.

After that I created another client task for the group for the Encryption software by selecting Endpoint Encryption for PC 6.0.0.22 from the Products dropdown and set it to install only to computers with the EEPC tag.

I set one computer with the EEPC tag and did a wake up agent on both computers.  The one without the tag doesn't install the software, which is what I want.  The computer with the tag goes through downloading, extracting, and loading the PkgCatalog.z, then it invokes the Agent task and installs the software but immediately fails with "Error occured while installing EEADMIN_1000."  Then it invokes the software task and fails with "Error occured while installing EEPC."

Message was edited by: jsiergiej on 12/15/09 2:50:01 PM CST

Message was edited by: jsiergiej on 12/15/09 2:50:41 PM CST
            • 3. Re: Deploy to computer via EPO 4.5

I think you mixed up checking in and installing for EEAdmin. It sounds like you checked it in by mistake?

• 4. Re: Deploy to computer via EPO 4.5

I followed this tech article: http://community.mcafee.com/blogs/danlarson/2009/11/30/unofficial-quickstart-gui de-for-mcafee-eepc-v6

I went back and deleted the PC software out of the repository and checked in the MfeEEPC.zip file then retried, still failing on EEADMIN_1000 and EEPC.  If I messed up the check in, why is it failing on both?

Like I said, I went back in and re-checked in both the agent (MfeAgent.zip) and PC software (MfeEEPC.zip) and It still fails as I stated above.

I followed the quickstart guide exactly, so unless there is something wrong with the directions, then there is something wrong with those zip files.

• 5. Re: Deploy to computer via EPO 4.5

Here are screenshots of my repository and extensions.

• 6. Re: Deploy to computer via EPO 4.5

Simon, message "Installing EEADMIN...." in client computer comes from MfeEEAgent installation Task. It is normal to see it in ePO client log.

What is not normal, the fact that is failing.

• 7. Re: Deploy to computer via EPO 4.5

Please check Windows Event Viewer -> Application log. Sometimes more meaningful messages are posted there, instead of ePO client log.

• 8. Re: Deploy to computer via EPO 4.5

I already checked the application log and there is nothing in there about the process failing.  I am not sure why its failing.  The user is an admin of the laptop, the mcafee agent is communicating with EPO, and I tried it with the firewall on an off and it still fails.

• 9. Re: Deploy to computer via EPO 4.5

I just had an issue with McAfee's access protection preventing EEPC from installing.  The tasks looked like they ran successfully while watching the console log, but the software never completely installed.  Once I removed the windows temp directory protection it installed successfully.

probably worth checking your settings on this at least.

1 2 3 Previous Next