1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 15, 2009 5:06 AM by Deep-Freeze

Help

I am having a problem installing--The version of security center it is saying is for a different operating system --so I uninstalled and reinstalled twice and still nothing--I have windows xp

• 1. Re: Help

Hey Thumper,

Does this happen after the installation & when trying to launch Security Center?

If this happens after the installation, execute the Batch file from the link given & reboot the computer. This usually happens if the PC is running a program in Compatibility Mode and this mode interferes with the McAfee product that is installed on your PC.

http://download.mcafee.com/products/licensed/cust_support_patches/TS100483.bat

The above file will delete those layers running under Compatibility mode for 98/XP/2000. Please backup the registry once & then execute the file.

If this issue occurs while trying to install, then save the 'Download Manager' setup file on the Desktop, right click & select 'Properties', choose 'Compatibility' & uncheck any options for compatibility mode.

Please revert for any clarifications.

All the Best!

Message was edited by: Deep-Freeze on 12/15/09 4:06:32 PM GMT+05:00