1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 14, 2009 8:55 AM by Dinz

Trouble with Updates

I am getting a box that pops up 2 - 5 times a day saying "Updates available for these programs: McAfee Virus Scan". I do the update each time. Why does it have to update it so many times daily? Also, at least twice, sometimes more, a day it says my computer is not protected. I hit fix each time. Why is it getting unprotected all the time? I sure hope someone can help me because it is driving me crazy not to mention that I can't do anything else while it is fixing and updating.

Thanks

• 1. Re: Trouble with Updates
          Dinz

Hi Camy,

McAfee Security software uses automated updates to keep the application and resource files up to date. There are three basic types of updates: DAT updates, minor application updates, and new version releases.

DAT updates are the most common update, and are usually updated at least once a day.
          Minor application updates resolve issues and/or compatibility problems.
          New versions are the least frequent, and include enhancements and/or changes to the applications.

To provide more inputs on this can you provide the following information;

What is the type of internet connection ?
          How old is the computer ? Any recent changes for the computer ?
          do you have any other security software installed in the computer?

Please run McAfee virtual technician from http://mvt.mcafee.com and post me with the session id so that we could diagnose the problem.

Regards,
          Dinesh K
          McAfee Online Community Moderator

Message was edited by: Dinz on 12/14/09 8:55:15 AM GMT-06:00