3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 15, 2009 4:52 AM by Peter M

Total Protection 2009

My computer has been hit by malware/trojans (Security Agent and some others maybe).

I have McAfee Total Protection 2009 installed (which obviously does not work well). This has now disabled my internet access, cannot regedit (Registry Editing disabled by administrator) or run the System restore (from Start --> Accessories or command line). My other laptop and desktop connects OK to the internet and I am the only user/admin on this machine (Win XP Pro with SP3).

I have tried using gpedit.msc à Local Computer Policy à admin templatesà Systemà System Restore to Not configured and restarted my system but still get the error when going to My Computerà Manageà Services and Applicationsà System Restore à Start (error message is SRS started and stopped, some services stop automatically if they have no work to do)

I have tried to start Windows in Safe Mode from command prompt but get the “blue screen” error with your computer may be infected etc. How do I enable my Internet connection and clean up my machine? How does McAfee not recognize this virus/malware especially when it auto-updates every day?