1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 13, 2009 6:52 PM by Peter M

Trogan Reg/Seeker

I have an old trogan I would love to get rid of completely. The name is Reg/seeker I got it back in 2004! I am not very well at running the computer I am a home user. If someone knows how to get rid of this completely let me know.

• 1. Re: Trogan Reg/Seeker
          Peter M

That has been on McAfee's books since 2002 so should easily be cleaned assuming you are up to date.  If, when scanning, VirusScan says it can't clean it because it is "write protected" disable System Restore temporarily and it should be gone.

Please include the following information:

What is your operating system, service pack and are you up to date with Microsoft update?  There are two ways of checking this.  Go to Start/Run and type in winver then click the Enter key.  Or, right-click My Computer in the Start Menu or on your desktop (or Computer in Vista) and select Properties.  Post what it says.

What McAfee products do you have?  Right-click the taskbar icon and select Open SecurityCenter and then click "View Details" or "About" at the lower right of the new window.  Post the details from each module.