1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 14, 2009 10:44 AM by Dinz

Repetitve Alerts on SecurityCenter

Has anyone had issues getting repetitive notices from SecurityCenter, specifically stating the protection services are disabled?

Approximately once every 1 - 2 weeks I get a popup from McAfee SecurityCenter that shows my Computer and Files, E-Mail & IM and Parental Controls are disabled. I then get the opportunity from McAfee to "fix" this issue by clicking the associated hyperlink, and the "fix" is implemented and the security status shows that my system is again protected.Within the next 2 weeks, I go through this process again. I have absolutely verified no one is disabling this protection on my end.

The last time I had this problem, I downloaded McAfee Virtual Technician to check my system, and after the scans by the Virtual Tech, it reported no problems were found.

Any help in identifying where to proceed from here would be greatly appreciated.

• 1. Re: Repetitve Alerts on SecurityCenter
          Dinz

Hi,

This could happen due to two scenarios,

1.      The computer might have any remnants of McAfee or any other security software.

2.      It could be a malware infection.

Check and delete if you have any other antivirus software installed in add/remove programs and C:/program files and common files.
          Click start – run then type services.msc, In the window that opens up check whether the start up type for all the McAfee programs are in started and automatic. If not click on the particular service and change it to automatic .
          Click on the recovery tab (at the top) and select all three failures to be restart the service;
          Click on OK

Close all open programs and restart the computer .

After the computer restarts , update mcafee and intiate a full scan of your computer. Report back if you have any more issues.

Regards
          Dinesh K
          McAfee Online Community Moderator