1 2 Previous Next 12 Replies Latest reply on Jul 22, 2010 12:16 PM by tesdall

On Demand Scanning Options

I have looked high and low in ePO 4.5 to set my on demand scanning options. Not to setup a task or to have it run weekly but just turn on certain check boxes in the on demand scan. How can i turn on Decode MIMI encoded files and ZIP file scanning?

• 1. Re: On Demand Scanning Options
          rphillips

Click on System Tree, Click on the Container you want to Manage, i.e. My Orginization, Then Click on Client Taks, Then Click on your On Demand scan that you have set utp ( Edit Settings ) , Next Click click on Configuration , The Tabs on this page will allow what you want i bieleve. ( Scan Items Tab )

Hope that helps and is what you are needing...

Brad

• 2. Re: On Demand Scanning Options

hello,

if you look at the screenshot you attached, in the title it says 'unsaved task', that is evidence that OnDemand Scanning(ODS)...is a 'task'...therefore you have to create a task before you get to choose the options your interested in.

The ODS runs as a task and so you must create an ODS task before you can edit the task's settings to your liking.  you can always create the task and keep it in a disabled state.

the info on how to create an ODS task in epo to where you get those settings were given by other use previously.

sounds like maybe your thinking about the On Access Scanning functionality? please go in more details on exactly what kind of scanning functions your trying to setup.

on 12/11/09 5:57:03 PM CST
            • 3. Re: On Demand Scanning Options

That was on the local machine (the picture) i want to have the buttons default set so when someone does an on-deman scan the bullets are already in the correct location.

• 4. Re: On Demand Scanning Options
                GWIRT

Moving to VSE community.

• 5. Re: On Demand Scanning Options

I've found where i can set the scan items as default if i manually go into the ODS and set them there. However, thats unrealistic to do for 350 machines. I setup a task to do an ODS but that doesn't push down any settings to the machine. Any ideas?

• 6. Re: On Demand Scanning Options
                    rmetzger

tesdall wrote:

I've found where i can set the scan items as default if i manually go into the ODS and set them there. However, thats unrealistic to do for 350 machines. I setup a task to do an ODS but that doesn't push down any settings to the machine. Any ideas?

Consider using Installation Designer v8.x (version specific) and creating a configuration as You want. Save this as an ePO deployable configuration and send it out accordingly. This will change Every setting you define; OAS, ODS, Defaults, exclusions, etc. For multiple versions of VSE, you will need to have a different baseline PC with the appropriate Installation Designer installed as well.

Hope this is helpful.

Ron Metzger

Message was edited by: rmetzger on 12/14/09 3:40:49 PM GMT-05:00
                    • 7. Re: On Demand Scanning Options

I was wondering if i had to do that. I downloaded it awhile back but have not had much time to fool with it. That looks like what i may have to do. Thanks!

• 8. Re: On Demand Scanning Options

You can also do the same by modifying the registry.

Assuming you have support, you could try and request a custom superdat which sets the defaults for you. This can be then checked into EPO and deployed. Not 100% sure if support will do that for you, although I have had custom superdats created before for particular issues.

It does sound weird that you can't set the options in EPO. I thought the options were there, but obviously not.

• 9. Re: On Demand Scanning Options

Those options are there, for on access scanning. I was looking into on demand scanning. I can make tasks where i can select thos options but it doesn't change them on the machine. So if a regular joe users does an on demand scan mime and zip are not selected by defualt. It seems weird to me as well.

1 2 Previous Next