5 Replies Latest reply on Dec 24, 2009 10:17 AM by lgreen66

Reach Real McAfee Employee?

Tried to reach person through McAfee, was hung up on.  Is anyone on this sight an actual employee of McAfee?  Why do I keep getting a Pop Up asking me to scan my computer and can only select now or later.  Select later and it puts it off for the next time I log on in an hour or Select now and get a pop up McAfee has scanned for anti-virus software and I have none, and fix now.  The only thing I want to fix is how do I get rid of is this stupid pop up from McAfee that keeps locking up my computer.  Well, if I don't get a fix soon, I might also want to fix this McAfee company, by Going to Attorney General with complaints in each state, and to all the big sellers of their product....both online, AOL, Yahoo...etc....and offline, Best Buy, Walmart, Target.......etc.  It is a shame that McAfee is trying to sell their product like this by basically infecting your computer with an essential virus making you have pop ups until you one buy their product or two find a customer service rep and good luck with that.  Please McAfeee Employee, come on here, help me and prove me wrong. Show me how to get rid of this pop up and help others that have it too.  Provide those of us that are technically challenged with a phone number of a REAL PERSON who speaks our language and won't hang up on us.

• 1. Re: Reach Real McAfee Employee?
          Vinod R

We would be glad to fix your issue with the McAfee application on this forum itself but for one of us to help you out we may need to know some information about your machine and the version of the McAfee product installed on it.

It would be great if you could reply back with these details

1. What operating system are you using ( Is it windows XP or Vista )

2. What version of McAfee have you installed on the machine? ( open the McAfee application by double clicking on it and then click on the about button located at the right hand bottom corner of the screen.. if you can't locate it probably you are not on the current version available for home users and for us to find that we may need a screenshot of the computer screen follow the step 4 to get that)

3.download and install the McAfee Virtual Technicain from mvt.mcafee.com and run that application. Once done note and paste back the session id from this diagnositic tool.

4. Get us a screenshot of the error / pop-up message

Taking a screen shot of the entire  screen

Windows gives you the ability to take a screen shot of the entire    screen. To do this you simply have to press the PrtSc or PrintScreen button    on your keyboard. When you press this key a copy of your current screen will   be placed in the Clipboard of Windows. When you save that screen shot to an   image  file you will see an image of your entire screen at the time you pressed the

Saving the screen shot

In order to save the screen shot that you have just created you will need some    sort of image manipulation software.  We can use MS Paint that comes built in with the machine. Click on the start icon and then select Run option. On the blank space remove any text already entered there and enter mspaint and hit enter. This should open the Microsoft Paint.

Now that a screen shot has been made, we want to paste that screen shot into Paint . If it is not opened already, open the program and click on the Edit menu and then select the Paste menu option. Once you    click on the Paste button you will see your screen shot that you took previously    now inside the Paint program. To save this screen shot, you would click    on the File menu and then select Save As.    When the Save Picture As ... dialog box opens type in the name    you would like to save the image as in the File Name field.    Then change the Save as type: menu to either a GIF or a JPEG. Change the Save in selection to    the directory you would like to save the image and then press the Save button.

Attach this file in the next reply along with session id for McAfee virtual Technicain.

Hope this helps

on 11/12/09 11:43:34 PM IST
          • 2. Re: Reach Real McAfee Employee?

Ok, I stand corrected.  I just spoke to an actual Real McAfee Employee and she totally helped me remove that annoying McAfee pop up add.  Luckily I went to my online banking right after complaining on here, and McAfee was being peddled there too, and they had a phone number.  I called it and got a real human that helped, yeah probably foreign but she helped. Thank you. To all of you that want to get rid of that stupid McAfee add that alerts you that they scanned and found you are at risk for you have no antivirus protection, all you need to do is this....go to your controll panel and then programs and then McAfee and then right click for uninstall and atleast with Vista thats all.  Probably wont help those of you who purchased anything through them....and it sure wont stop their automatic billing but as for us poor suckers who just keep getting bothered by their adds, trying to make us pay them just to go away, this should help.  By all means don't pay them just to get rid of their add for this will encourage them to make adds like this in the future.  McAfee used to be a company you could trust, which is what you want in your security, not one that would use pop up adds to bully you into buying their product.  It makes them just as bad as the creeps making viruses in my oppinion.

• 3. Re: Reach Real McAfee Employee?
              exbrit

Glad you are OK now.  Most companies these days have resorted to pop-up advertising and I agree, it is extremely annoying.   We have passed comments up the line regarding this on several occasions.  Unfortunately their marketing department doesn't listen.

• 4. Re: Reach Real McAfee Employee?

Dear Vinod R....I have sent you a report regarding the Antivirus Pro problem, as you instructed, and have not received a response from you as to what I should do to remove this stuff from my daughter's notebook....I would like a real McAfee employee to contact me directly as well.

thanks.  This has been in limbo now for several weeks.....maybe I should take my business elsewhere...maybe Norton can do a better job?

• 5. Re: Reach Real McAfee Employee?
                  exbrit

lgreen66 wrote:

Dear Vinod R....I have sent you a report regarding the Antivirus Pro problem, as you instructed, and have not received a response from you as to what I should do to remove this stuff from my daughter's notebook....I would like a real McAfee employee to contact me directly as well.

thanks.  This has been in limbo now for several weeks.....maybe I should take my business elsewhere...maybe Norton can do a better job?

Pending Vinod's response.  (He may be on vacation and it is a holiday right now after all).  Antivirus Pro infection can be dealt with pretty easily.  The best guide on the web is here:  Bleeping Computer, scroll down the page as the first links you will see are advertising.

If you want someone from McAfee to contact you you will have to go via Technical Support Chat, a free service, via "McAfee Support" at the top of this page.  If you want someone to rid a machine of infection then that, as with all protection software manufacturers, is a paid service.