1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 10, 2009 10:34 AM by sgrimmel

Uninstall Issues

Okay, I was hoping someone out there could help me out.  We are in the process of uninstalling Mcafee on all of our machines in our company.  We got audited a few months back and they said it's a good idea to have two types of antivirus.  1 for severs and a different one for end users.  So here lies the problem.  I created a batch file that I can run remotely on every machine in the company.  It runs fine and I notice that the uninstall looks like it took.  But here is where things get strange.  After about a week or so the c:\program files\mcafee  directory shows up again.  And in that directory the common framework directory with  all the files is present again.  Now I made sure that all the machines were deleted from EPO server so it isn't pushing it back out to users.  So I was wondering if perhaps there is something else I am missing?  I included the script for the .bat file below.  Also, our end users are using Windows XP SP3 if this helps.

Thanks,

c:
      cd
      cd "\Program Files\McAfee\Common Framework"
      frminst.exe /forceuninstall /silent
      cd
      msiexec.exe /x {147BCE03-C0F1-4C9F-8157-6A89B6D2D973} REMOVE=ALL REBOOT=R /q
      msiexec.exe /x {35C03C04-3F1F-42C2-A989-A757EE691F65} REMOVE=ALL REBOOT=R /q
      msiexec.exe /x {5DF3D1BB-894E-4DCD-8275-159AC9829B43} REMOVE=ALL REBOOT=R /q

• 1. Re: Uninstall Issues

Hi

The machines will automatically enlist with the ePO server again, just like VSE gets pushed out again.

The answer is not to delete the workstations from ePO but to remove or disable the VSE deployment task from the ePO server.

HTH

Uninstall VSE from all the clients via ePO
          1. Open the ePO console and log on.
          2. In the left pane select the required site in for which the Deployment task is enabled.
          3. In the right pane click on Tasks.
          4. Double-click the Deployment task to access the configuration settings.
          5. Click Settings.
          6. In the drop-down box next to VirusScan Enterprise 8.5.0 select Remove, then click OK.
          7. Click Apply then OK.
          8. Send an Agent Wakeup Call to the affected clients to ensure the client machines get notified of the change.