7 Replies Latest reply on Dec 8, 2009 1:08 PM by msonen

Rogue System Detection Versions

Hello,

This may be an easy question. However I have been unable to find any information on it.

I just switched to a new install of EPO 4.5 from an older EPO 4.0. I am updating all of the connected devices by running the new FramePkg.exe on all the workstations. This proccess has been working great so far. However, I noticed that most of the RSD agents are still running 2.0.0.405.

My question is what is the diffrence between version 2.0.0.405 and 4.7.1? and how do I upgrade the older RSD agents?

Thanks for your help.

• 1. Re: Rogue System Detection Versions
          jstanley

Any new feature for RSD 4.5 (such as excluding specific mac addressess from the being scanned by the sensor) will not be understood by the RSD 2.0 sensor; however, all existing RSD 2.0 features should work fine in RSD 4.5.

To upgrade the sensor just deploy the existing RSD 4.5 sensor over the top of the 2.0 sensor (via a deployment task).

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Rogue System Detection Versions

Thanks for the response.

I tried to setup a deployment task for the RSD Sensor and it was not an available option. Maybe I'm missing something obvious. I have been able to sort the sensors by their version, go into each one individually and deploy from there. However, while I have a comparatively small network, I would hate to have to do this in a large environment as it's very labor intensive.

Message was edited by: msonen on 12/8/09 11:39:45 AM GMT-06:00
            • 3. Re: Rogue System Detection Versions
              GWIRT

There is a specific "Sensor Deployment" task you have to schedule, it isn't done through the standard "Deployment" task.

• 4. Re: Rogue System Detection Versions

Great!

Where is that task setup?

• 5. Re: Rogue System Detection Versions
                  GWIRT

It's a client task that can be set up in the system tree.

There is more detail on p. 242 of the ePO 4.5 Product Guide.

• 6. Re: Rogue System Detection Versions
                    jstanley

Sorry I should have been more specific. Here are the steps:

1- Logon to EPO

2- Navigate to the client you wish to upgrade the sensor on and place a check next to it

3- Click Actions | Agent | Modify Tasks on a Single System

4- Click New Task

5- Select "Sensor Deployment (Rogue System Detection 4.5.0) in the "Type" drop down list

6- Complete the task and schedule it appropriatly

I hope that helps!

• 7. Re: Rogue System Detection Versions

Thanks to both of you.

I was able to create a query that showed me all of the sensors which I was able to then deploy the updated RSD agents after sorting by the version.
                      Unfortunately I wasn't able to add a filter based on the version which would have allowed me to create a server task that would automate the process.
                      I will just run this query again once all of the systems have been imported from the other server.

Thanks again.