1 2 Previous Next 13 Replies Latest reply on Jan 6, 2010 9:14 AM by Arjen

Small problem with AD Users

Hi,

I have noticed a small issue with V6 during my testing.

We have linked ePO to our AD which is all fine and its viewing the AD correctly. I have assigned my user account to my laptop for use with V6 which is all fine. Now the problem comes when I try and sign in through Pre boot.

My username in AD is jon.townsend

V6 will not accept this as a logon. However it will accept jon townsend

Have I dont something wrong or is the wrong information being brought over from AD?

• 1. Re: Small problem with AD Users

In LDAP Server task:

From the

Actions drop-down list, select EE LDAP Server User/Group Synchronization

and accept the default values.

what did you chose for "User Name"?

What do you see, if you want to add users by "EE Add Users" to your System object?

• 2. Re: Small problem with AD Users

Yes! Just realised its the same as the old Connector manager style. I have now put in samaccountname and all is good!

Thank you for pointing me in the right direction!

• 3. Re: Small problem with AD Users

I ran into the same issue as well and changed the username.  For some reason though, it's still not working properly.

I changed the username in the LDAP Sync to samaccountname, are there any other steps that need to be done?

• 4. Re: Small problem with AD Users

ahall wrote:

I ran into the same issue as well and changed the username.  For some reason though, it's still not working properly.

I changed the username in the LDAP Sync to samaccountname, are there any other steps that need to be done?

Few things to check:

For your Registered Server, make sure you have the IP address of your DC in there rather than the server name

Make sure the ePO server and DC are using the same DNS address in your TCP/IP configuration

Run the LDAP task and re-check.

• 5. Re: Small problem with AD Users

We had the same problem.

1. I must make Registered Servers with domain name Administrator for ALL servers.

2. Next step was deleting of all EEPC LDAP Synchronization tasks.

3. New created task has correctly assigned samaccountname for both 2 fields, I've been saved this task immediately without modification of task, changes were made on saved task.

4. All working correctly.

It looks that current version has next two bugs.

1. For correct browsing to LDAP attributes, username must contain admin substring, But in my case works only Administrator.

2. Badly written configuration of EEPC LDAP Synchronization task. Attributes are not always saved, sometimes is shown different values which are not saved. You can try be more quick and when you will have a luck you can see badly saved values, which are used for syncing. Values are assigned from another server which is not selected and so on. Be more quick and you can see how values are changed in form.

Message was edited by: vpa on 09/12/09 09:15:52 CET
                  • 6. Re: Small problem with AD Users

So I deleted the old LDAP Sync task and created a new one using samaccountname for both the user name and display name field, but now I have a new issue.

The encrypted users are now showing up as the following format: display name.OU.OU.DC.DC.DC, (example being John Doe.Accounting.Midwest.Widgets.Inc.com) before it was just display name (John Doe). Very strange ...

Message was edited by: ahall on 12/9/09 2:07:25 PM CST
                    • 7. Re: Small problem with AD Users

I think this is the patch 1 issue in the release notes - it means there's a DNS issue (fixed in Patch 1 of EPO 4.5). The release notes and the docs here talk about how to get around it.

• 8. Re: Small problem with AD Users

Is patch 1 publically out yet for EPO 4.5 ?

• 9. Re: Small problem with AD Users

no - I think the date is in the release notes though, end of the month if I remember right.

1 2 Previous Next