5 Replies Latest reply on Dec 7, 2009 9:11 AM by nchattop

PowerDVD file identified as trojan

ran a scan today and CLHBMIXER_HBD.AX was detected as a trojan

Detection Type: Trojan

Detection Names:Artemis!32EF119D1FFB, Artemis!32EF119D1FFB

File Name:

...... CLHBMIXER_HBD.AX

I'm 100% sure this isn't a trojan, my system is always up-to-date (W7 pro 64), firewalled, behind a router, I haven't (and don't) downloaded anything potentially nasty, and my browsing habits are very safe. It's strange as the only other time I have had to request help with a file being detected as a trojan was powerdvd.exe some time ago! Didn't really know where to post this and request help from McAfee, so i've posted it here as I got excellent support the last time this happened.

best wishes

pabs

Message was edited by: pabs on 12/4/09 5:58 AM
        • 1. Re: PowerDVD file identified as trojan
          SamSwift

Hi,

We're checking this and will respond back shortly.

Kind regards,

Sam

• 2. Re: PowerDVD file identified as trojan

Hi Pabs

I have checked the file and suppressed further with McAfee(R) Artemis technology (provides real-time protection that secures enterprises and consumers from threats as they strike and much quicker than traditional signatures can be deployed. As Artemis is updated in real-time there is no requirement to wait for a full DAT update nor to use an EXTRA.DAT intermediate solution.)

filename: clhbmixer_hbd.ax (Power DVD)

Simply wait approximately 30 minutes and this false will no longer exist or trigger on your system. Depending on the network settings you have or the caching involved between your system and ours it may take slightly longer for this false alarm to be resolved.

Let me know if you need any assistance further

Thanks

Neha

• 3. Re: PowerDVD file identified as trojan

thanks Sam and Neha, didn't expect a response so fast, thank you for your help and attention. I will not have access to my PC until tomorrow now to confirm the powerdvd file is accepted, but I'm sure all is now well. I will post again tomorrow just to confirm it is ok, thanks again for your fast replies and help.

best wishes

pabs

• 4. Re: PowerDVD file identified as trojan

Thank you for the help, I've restored the file and scanned it and all is now well, thanks again for the great support and have a happy xmas

best wishes

pabs

• 5. Re: PowerDVD file identified as trojan

You are welcome, in future if you wish to submit any malware please visit our link: http://www.webimmune.net

wish you too Merry X'mas and great year ahead....