1 2 Previous Next 11 Replies Latest reply on Jan 7, 2010 2:58 PM by David.G

Track saturation of a SuperDAT

We currently have a SuperDAT we are testing for deployment but I'd like to be able to monitor its saturation throughout the environment.  It is only making one small registry change but that key does not appear to be reported back to ePO.  Does anyone know of a good way of accomplishing this within ePO?

Thanks,

Andrew

on 12/3/09 12:51 PM
        • 1. Re: Track saturation of a SuperDAT
          GWIRT

Unfortunately ePO 4.5 doesn't have a way to report this. System Information Reporter (SIR) will be out in Q2 2001 that may be able to help with this. If you are running ePO 4.0 you can use System Compliance Profiler (SCP) for this.

• 2. Re: Track saturation of a SuperDAT

That's unfortunate as we've found the reg keys created for this under 'HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Network Associates\TVD\Shared Components\'

Under 'Framework' there is a 'LastSuperDATVersion' key with what appears to be a unique version that coincides with the checkin time - i.e. 20091202212119

Couldn't this just be reported to ePO?

Thanks,

Andrew

• 3. Re: Track saturation of a SuperDAT
              GWIRT

This could definitely be entered as an FMR, but currently there is no way I know of to capture this data in ePO.

• 4. Re: Track saturation of a SuperDAT
                JoeBidgood

If you're using ePO 4.5 and MA 4.5, then another possibility would be to modify the superdat to set one of the CustomProps registry values. This would then be reported back to ePO and you can query for it, tag based on it, and so on.

Regards -

Joe

• 5. Re: Track saturation of a SuperDAT
                  David.G

Joe,

Could you please elaborate on this "CustomProps registry values"? I'm not seeing that in the registry, where should this entry be, or be added?

How can we create the link between Custom 1, Custom 2, etc. and their corresponding CustomProps?

Is there any documentation on this, I've been looking for a while for this and have spoken with support about it but until ePO4.5 and MA 4.5, this was not supported. Has this changed at all?

Thanks for any help.

Dave.

• 6. Re: Track saturation of a SuperDAT
                    jstanley

KB67385 lists the correct commandline parameters to accomplish this.

Essentially it creates a registry key here:

[HKLM\Software\Network Associates\ePolicy orchestrator\Agent\CustomProps]

In that key it creates a String Value labeled "CustomPropsX" where X is a numeric value between 1-4 and the value for that key is whatever you specify. This value will then show up in the system properties for that machine in ePO.

• 7. Re: Track saturation of a SuperDAT
                      David.G

Thanks Jeremy, this was very useful!!! Do you also know what happens if the agent gets reinstalled? would these properties be lost/overwritten? I can certainly test that though.

Again, thanks!

Dave.

• 8. Re: Track saturation of a SuperDAT
                        jstanley

I suspect they will be overwritten unless you re-pass the commandline arguments during the install. So to be clear after the agent is installed you can use this commandline to update the properties:

FrmInst.exe /CustomProps1="Property 1"/CustomProps2="Property 2" /CustomProps3="Property 3" /CustomProps4="Property 4"

During the install you can use this commandline to use the properties:

framepkg.exe /install=agent /CustomProps1="Property 1"/CustomProps2="Property 2" /CustomProps3="Property 3" /CustomProps4="Property 4"

If you "forceinstall" the agent without the above switches it will overwrite the custom props for sure. If you do a standard install without the above switches I'm not sure.

• 9. Re: Track saturation of a SuperDAT
                          David.G

One last question in this case, if the agent is pushed by ePO, how can these properties be preserved or added?

Contrary to the other product deployment task, there is no command switch option in the agent (initial) deployment.

Thanks.

1 2 Previous Next