2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 2, 2009 6:23 AM by romavv

Modifying installed features VirusScan 8.7 across ePO

It is impossible to remove the installed function on scanning Lotus in VirusScan 8.7 through the task of installation VirusScan with addition by a command line in ePO 4.0:

REMOVE=LotusNotesScan/q

How correctly to use a command line in ePO for removal of scanning of mail Lotus?

• 1. Re: Modifying installed features VirusScan 8.7 across ePO
          sthayden

If you want to stop VSE from scanning Loyus Notes, you first need to do it through the policy "On Delivery Email Scan Policies" In there, under that Scan Items tab, "uncheck" the "Enable on-delivery email scanning" and then move to the "Notes Scanner Settings" and "uncheck" everything in there. Doing this should stop the NCDaemon.exe process from running. If you would like to keep VSE from scanning your Notes directories, you will want to add exceptions under the "On-Access Default Processes Policies" and add the directories you would like the scans to exclude. For example, the exclusions I have entered are:

C:\Documents and Settings\*\Local Settings\Application Data\Lotus\       with Also Exclude Subfolders "checked"

C:\Program Files\IBM\Lotus\Notes\                with Also Exclude Subfolders "checked"

I hope this is what you were looking for. With all of this done, I have stopped all of the crashes of Notes that were related to McAfee.

• 2. Re: Modifying installed features VirusScan 8.7 across ePO

Yes, the primary goal is a disconnecting of scanning of mail in a Lotus and to reach it wanted through disconnecting not the necessary functional with command line usage through ePO.

For check, it can be made through the DOS-window, main to start that setupvse.exe which was started at installation:

"C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\McAfee\Common Framework\Current\VIRUSCAN8700\Install\0000\setupvse.exe" REMOVE=LotusNotesScan /q

How to repeat the same through ePO - here it and there is a question!