I have the same exact issue here. Hoping for some sort of answer.
Download McAfee Agent 4.0.0 for Windows Patch 3 then check into EPO under your previous branch then create your framePkg.exe package with the 4.0 version and then your all set.
I just did this I'm all set
I tried this as well and it did work.
Many thanks for your replies, I tried checking the agent, but it won't let me select the previous branch (it's greyed out) as is the evaluation branch, allowing only current... I assume I'm checking-in the package from the right place? Menu>Software>Master Repository?
Ignore above post, found answer in mentioned thread a few replies back...
You must have administrator rights on the Windows system to perform this task. The agent extension must be installed on the ePolicy Orchestrator server before the agent is installed on any clients.
- Download the current agent extension, EPOAGENTMETA.zip, and the Patch 3 agent package, MA400P3WIN.zip, to the system containing the ePolicy Orchestrator server.
- Install the agent extension:
- In the ePolicy Orchestrator 4.5 console, click Menu->Software->Extensions.
- Click “Install Extension” and browse to the location containing EPOAGENTMETA.zip, select it and click OK. The Install Extensions summary page appears.
- Browse to the location containing EPOAGENTMETA.zip, select it and click OK. The Install Extensions summary page appears.
- Click OK to complete the installation of the extension.
- Check in the agent package to the ePolicy Orchestrator repository:Note: If installing on a computer running Common Management Agent 3.6, the package must be checked in to the Current repository branch.
- In the ePolicy Orchestrator 4.5 console, click Menu->Software->Master Repository.
- Click Actions->Check In Package.
- Browse to the location containing MA400P3WIN.zip, select it and click Next.
- Ensure that Current is selected in the Branch field.
- Click Save.
- Create a deployment task or push the agent to client systems. If using the push method, follow these steps:
- In the ePolicy Orchestrator 4.5 console, click System Tree.
- Select the target systems or groups.
- Click Actions->Agent->Deploy Agent
- Select the version of the agent to be deployed.
- Type valid credentials in the Domain, User name, and Password fields.
- Click OK.