Skip navigation
McAfee Secure sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
2162 Views 1 Reply Latest reply: Dec 3, 2009 12:44 PM by Dinz RSS
Newcomer 1 posts since
Nov 27, 2009
Currently Being Moderated

Nov 27, 2009 4:50 PM

Reinstalling

I had to reinstall windows xp on my other computer.  I had 3 subscriptions on my downloads.  I have 2 computers total.  On one of my computers I just installed windows 7 and did the reinstall for McAfee, it installed with no problems.  So I don't know if that counted for a 3rd computer download.  Anyway that isn't my problem.  On my older computer, it was running sluggish so I reinstalled my other computer with Window xp (it could not upgrade to windows 7)  When I tried to reinstalled McAfee to that computer it keeps telling me it can't finish installing to run technical diagnostic, I run it, it says it fixed the problems and to reinstall McAfee, McAfee goes through all the steps to install and then states it cannot install.  I thought maybe it was my subscription, so I had to pay $7.50 more to add a 4th computer, thinking when I reinstalled the computer with windows 7, that I must have used the option for the 3rd computer.  So I don't know why I can't reinstall McAfee back on to the other computer.  Please help!!!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• Correct Answers - 5 points
  • Helpful Answers - 3 points