5 Replies Latest reply on Nov 26, 2009 6:07 AM by Steveo46

Automatic update

Hi,

This past Sunday McAfee Tech support took remote access of my computer.His conclusion was my I.E. 7 was unstable & reinstalled it.Monday I had my computer off all day so no update.Tuesday morning auto update just fine.Today no auto update. I had to do a manual update.Can anyone think of a reason why it picked today not to give me a automatic update.

Thanks

Steve

• 1. Re: Automatic update

How long you wait for an automatic update from McAfee? McAfee update manager will download and install update automatically in different time interval. So we cannot say that McAfee update manger will start the update in a particular time.

• 2. Re: Automatic update

Hi,

I waited quite awhile before I decided to do a manual update.I reinstalled McAfee on 11/25/09  & just like alway's I recieved a automatic update on 11/26/09.

Thanks

Steve

• 3. Re: Automatic update

Hi Steve,

Please don’t try to do a manual update instead check if you are getting the automatic updates on next days so that we can make sure that McAfee is getting automatic update. You can verify the update status Open MSC->Click on ‘About’ from the bottom left under Virus Scan you will get the last updated date. Please let me know the status.

• 4. Re: Automatic update

Hi,

That is where I check.I click on about.This whole problem started back when I renewed my subsription.The problem was on the main security page under system information where it say's update check, Last Scan & when your subsription expires.The problem was the date by update check didn't change to the date that I recieved a auto update.If I clicked on about it had the right last update was correct.If I did a manual update the date changed to the right date.Other then that it seems untill yesterday after tech support took my computer I didn't recieve a auto update.Like I said I used the McAfee remova tool & reinstalled.Today I got a update but on the main page it said update check 11/25/09.I did a GOOGLE search "why does my update date not change on Mcafee home page". Sure enough there were other users with the same problem.The moderator said it was a glitch & it should be ironed out when we get the update for the new user Interface.

Any date when that may come out?

Thanks

Steve

• 5. Re: Automatic update

Hi,

If you do that Google search you will also see my oriiginal post.I just can't believe that McAfee cannot put this problem to rest.It has been a pain in my side since 10/2/09.It is unheard of to have a computer problem this long with no fix.I was in the business as a hardware tech in New York.Do you think I can leave a customers site with a problem not fixed.

1-The customer would call my branch manager & tell him not to send me back there.

2-You esculate the problem

3-Ahigher tech would be dispatched to help me

4-I have seen the top technical team come in from Cupertino Cali.

So now a T3 tech the highest in the chain.He reinstalled I.E.7 & the date still dosen't change.I am tired of talking to tech support in India.A Tech 3 guru tried & ddidn't fix the problem.I am not sure if he did something that caused me to not get a update yesterday 11/25/09.Not 1 day ever passed where I didn't get a auto update.I keep close track of the new DAT'S

Thanks

Steve