1 Reply Latest reply on May 7, 2010 5:38 AM by Attila Polinger

Windows 7 and Agent 4.0 Patch 3

Hello

Apologies if this has already been discussed but I cant find a relevant post.

The majority of my Agent 4.0 Patch 3 installs on Windows 7 appear to be installing as the user who setup Windows 7, for example 'Admin'. If I look at the machine properties in ePO, it does not show logged on user (eg domain\username) but 'Admin'. The policies are not applying correctly and VirusScan is not updating properly. I have all the latest Patches and ePO Extensions.

Has anyone come across this and, if so, is there a fix?

Thanks

• 1. Re: Windows 7 and Agent 4.0 Patch 3
          Attila Polinger

Hello,

I'm afraid your problems need separate investigations as they are different. Policy enforcement (or other ePO server - agent communication) related problems show up in the McAfee agent log (also see debug logs: current or backup).

You can access the agent log via the browser log UI: http://hostname:8081 (this only works if you enabled remote access to agent logs centrally in ePO and this policy successfuly enforced on clients - otherwise you have to manually look for agent_hostname.log/xml on clients)

Update problems show up in two different log files, depending on whether the update is taken place via default AutUpdate or a managed ePO update task.

Having a managed update task is not promptly showing in VirusScan console, only after you enable the Show managed task in VirusScan console option in ePO-McAfee agent policy.

/Also, just out of curiosity, what method do you employ to install the mcafee agent on computers? for example on new computers../

Attila