2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 23, 2009 10:02 AM by Rogue

McAfee VTPS blocking Symantec?

Hi,

I have found this article:

http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/325215.htm

Would you please let me know why that file mfevtps.exe is responsible and how could I fix or avoid this from happening?

Thank you very much in advance for your assistance,

JR.

• 1. Re: McAfee VTPS blocking Symantec?
          maziz

Hi

Symantec's article is very vague.

Yes, it may be true that we have a handle on CBK and CBD files and this may be seen using Process Explorer but this is not enough information to determine the cause of the Backup failure. I am aware that this failure does not occur on any other O/S besides Win 2000.

I am also aware that Symantec's backup program has no ability to skip / exclude the files and resume the Backup. Is this an FMR (Feature Modification Request) for Symantec to implement?

It is obvious that this issue would not occur if using VirusScan 8.5 as there is no MFEVTPS.EXE in VirusScan 8.5.

Is it possible for you to contact Technical Support and provide us with the Symantec backup software that you are using as well as detailed information on exactly how you are configuring the software and how it is installed? This is so that we can try and attempt to reproduce the issue to better understand the issue and provide a more thorough description of the problem rather than the vague information from Symantec.

• 2. Re: McAfee VTPS blocking Symantec?

Thank you very much.

I will contact support and give all details regarding this.

Kind regards

JR.