1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 23, 2009 4:41 AM by maziz

mfehidk.sys - VSE 8.5i

Hi,

Following some crash dump analysis by Microsoft we have been advised of our server crashing due to a version of mfehidk.sys and we have been been advised to update to the latest version.

We appear to have two different versions of the file in four locations:

program files\mcafee\virusscan enterprise has version 13.3.0.142 dated 24.01.2008

mcafee\host intrusion prevention\hipscore, mcafee\host intrusion prevention\vscore, and windows\system32\drivers have version 14.0.0.291 dated 17.10.2008

We deploy updates by ePO version 4.

Could anyone from McAfee please advise as to the latest version of mfehidk.sys, and where this latest version should be installed?  We need to understand whether all four copies of the file are in use.

Thanks,

Roger

• 1. Re: mfehidk.sys - VSE 8.5i
          maziz

Hi

I would advise that you test and apply the latest Patches for the products that you are using.

McAfee VirusScan Enterprise 8.5 latest Patch is 8.

McAfee Host Intrusion Prevention 7.0 latest Patch is 6.

13.3.0.142 sounds like you are using Patch 5 for VirusScan 8.5. This is unsupported. The minimum supported Patch is 8.

Please ensure you test the Patches before deploying. Deploy to a small number of machines at any one time, just in case you come across any difficulty then this would be easier to manage as the scope of the issue would be small.