3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 22, 2009 1:52 PM by secured2k

INTERNET SEARCH PROBLEM

Did a scan last Saturday (14th) & detected 2 trojans "Exploit-Byte Verify"  & "Artemis@26F156435B99" & they were already quarantined.  Since then I cannot open any websites & search engines like Google.  An error pops up: "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage". & "What you can try: Diagnose Connection Problems": More information below: This problem can be caused by a variety of issues, including: •Internet connectivity has been lost . •The website is temporarily unavailable. •The Domain Name Server (DNS) is not reachable. •The Domain Name Server (DNS) does not have a listing for the website's domain. •There might be a typing error in the address. •If this is an HTTPS (secure) address, click Tools, click Internet Options, click Advanced, and check to be sure the SSL and TLS protocols are enabled under the security section. For offline users: You can still view subscribed feeds and some recently viewed webpages. To view subscribed feeds: 1.Click the Favorites Center button , click Feeds, and then click the feed you want to view. To view recently visited webpages (might not work on all pages) 1.Click Tools , and then click Work Offline. 2.Click the Favorites Center button , click History, and then click the page you want to view. I've done everything aboveplus some outside help but still cannot sove the problem?????  Any Information is most appropriated in advance.  Thanks, Mike

• 1. Re: INTERNET SEARCH PROBLEM

Assuming you do not have an active piece of malware on your system (in which case you may have more symptoms), it sounds like something got on your system that tried to take over your searches. I would try resetting some internet options first.

Try this tool I created to reset your HOSTS file. [Download]

I also recommend resetting your Internet Settings.

Click Start -> Run

Type in INETCPL.CPL

Click OK.

Go to the Advanced Tab and Choose the Reset Internet Explorer option at the bottom.

When it's done, you may also need to check your "CONNECTIONS" tab and then click the LAN Settings button. Make sure no proxy settings are enabled (not checked).

• 2. Re: INTERNET SEARCH PROBLEM

YOUR HELP IN FIXING MY PROBLEM WORKED PERFECTLY.  OWE YOU A BIG THANKS MARK!!   REGARDS, MIKE

• 3. Re: INTERNET SEARCH PROBLEM

You're Welcome,

I'm glad I could help.