1 2 3 Previous Next 40 Replies Latest reply on Apr 8, 2010 11:46 AM by coakl

Problem with the latest dat file

Has anyone encountered the following error message in the last week or two:  "The validation code for MCSCAN32.DLL does not match. Please reinstall VirusScan." 

We run Virus Scan 4.5.1 on our workstations and reinstalling does not correct the problem.  Any solutions?  Thanks.

• 1. Re: Problem with the latest dat file

Not that this will help you or me, but I too have the same problem ever since today's update..  I only post this so you know that it is not just a local problem for you.  I have reinstalled twice, once even using a SuperDat file  5807.  It too will not start the VirusScan Console without the MCSCAN32.dll error. I am also using v 4.5.1  with a scan engine of 5.4.00.    David

• 2. Re: Problem with the latest dat file

Yes I have had the same problem with the same engine as you.

Geoff

• 3. Re: Problem with the latest dat file

I too am having this problem with machines that have the latest dat - sdat5808.exe,

Is there any fix yet?

TK

• 4. Re: Problem with the latest dat file

No fix yet.

• 5. Re: Problem with the latest dat file

I've got the same problem.

It seems this is a new problem that started only yesterday.  We could be the only (4 to 5) people in the world discussing it, ever, if google covers the whole internet.

Is there a way we can ask the engineers in Mcfee to give us a solution?

Hi, Mcfee engineers, are you there?

Message was edited by: tsuihk on 11/21/09 7:22 AM

Message was edited by: tsuihk on 11/21/09 7:23 AM
                  • 6. Re: Problem with the latest dat file
                    Peter M

First, you are posting in Business, so you have Technical Support options via the support portal. 

Secondly, if this is still about VirusScan 4.5.1 - it is no longer supported anyway.

Thirdly, if some of you are not using VirusScan 4.5.1 nor business customers then you are posting in the wrong place.

At weekends your best bet for immediate help is Technical Support Chat - see McAfee Support at top of this page for options for both Business and Home users.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 11/21/09 7:36 AM
                    • 7. Re: Problem with the latest dat file

Thanks, Ex-Brit.

First, I'm a personal, not business user.   So I do not have Technical Support.

Second, I looked up my "readme", and indeed it's still VirusScan 4.5.1.  If it is no longer supported, did the non-support start on Nov 20, 2009?  The error message never appeared before yesterday.

Third, ok, I'm posting in the wrong place, just because I found Colleen talking about it.  Who can lead us across the Red Sea to the land of milk and honey?  Colleen?  I just want to know what to do.

• 8. Re: Problem with the latest dat file
                        Peter M

It was just a stroke of luck that it worked as long as it did.  VirusScan home users are up to version 13.x, shortly to update to 14.x and business users are up to version 8.x, so to remain safe I would recommend upgrading to a current model.

There is Technical Support Chat available for home users as I just stated and it is free.

VirusScan 4.5.1 was, however, an Enterprise product so you would normally use the business portal for support, but, as I previously stated, this product is no longer supported, so you are on your own, sorry.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 11/21/09 7:55 AM
                        • 9. Re: Problem with the latest dat file

I had the same problem on a computer a couple days ago and then on another computer today.  I am also an Enterprise customer using 4.5.1.  Looks like a rude way of getting the boot.

1 2 3 Previous Next