6 Replies Latest reply on Apr 7, 2010 4:37 PM by CIPHENT.com

Protection des e-mails avec HDLP (Protection of e-mails with HDLP)

Bonjour tout le monde

Il y a t'il personne qui peut m'aider à effectuer une régle de protection des e-mails avec HDLP

En effet Jusqu'à maintenant j'ai réussit à effectuer avec succés toutes les autres régles de protections tel que pour la capture d'écran .. et j'ai réussit aussi à activer toutes les autres composantes tel que Virus scan et site advisor ...

Merci d'avance pour vos répences que j'espéres qu'ils soient rapides

Configuration :

Serveur ePo 4.5 : windows 2003 server SP2

Client : Windows XP SP3

HDLP 3

Hello everyone

It is there anyone who can help me make a rule to protect e-mails with HDLP
      Until now I managed to successfully perform all other rules and I also managed to activate all the other components such as virus scanning and site advisor ...
      I need your help

Thank you

Configuration:
      EPO Server 4.5: Windows 2003 Server SP2
      Client: Windows XP SP3
      HDLP 3

• 1. Re: Protection des e-mails avec HDLP (Protection of e-mails with HDLP)

Hi, moved this to the appropriate area. Hopefully someone can help you soon.

• 2. Re: Protection des e-mails avec HDLP (Protection of e-mails with HDLP)
            khammons

Hi,

What type of email are you using?

Can you tell me also what you are wanting the email rule to do, and I will help you create the rule.

Example:

I have Exchange, and I am looking for an email rule to block all .pdf files that leave our internal domain for all users.

Thank You,

Kristin Hammons

• 3. Re: Protection des e-mails avec HDLP (Protection of e-mails with HDLP)

Hello
              First thank you for your quick rethink.
              Currently I use Outlook and Outlook Express.
              I want to block all escape data attachments (all kinds pdf, doc ...) for anyone that mail domain.
              Thank you in advance

• 4. Re: Protection des e-mails avec HDLP (Protection of e-mails with HDLP)
                khammons

Hello,

The email protection rules can work with Exchange and Outlook.  I have copied the information on how to setup an email protection rule from pg 73 of the Product Guide and attached the guide for you.  If you are using Outlook Express in conjunction with another SMTP server the email protection rules will not work.  We would have to take a look at other options.  Let me know if you are using Exchange and if this information helps.

Thanks,

Kristin

Creating and defining an email protection rule

Email protection rules monitor or block email sent to specific destinations or users.

New Features

• Lotus Notes is now supported. Select the Lotus Notes Handler on the

Miscellaneous tab

of the

Agent Configuration dialog box to activate support.

• A new action called

Request Justification triggers a popup dialog that allows the user to

select a category and type a justification. If this is done, the information is logged and the

message is not blocked. If no justification is given, the message is blocked. You must select

both the

Block and Modify actions to make this feature work properly. Setup is on the

Request Justification

tab of the Agent Configuration dialog box.

NOTE:

In systems where both Microsoft Exchange and Lotus Notes are available, email rules

will not work if the outgoing mail server (SMPT) name is not configured for both.

Use this task to define an email protection rule.

Task

For option definitions, press

F1.

From the navigation bar, select Rules | Protection Rules. The available protection rules

appear in the main panel.

In the Protection Rules pane, right-click and select Add New | Email Protection Rule.

Rename the rule to something that will help you recognize its specific function.

Double-click the rule icon and follow these steps in the wizard:

Step Action

Select

Select from list option, and select one or more email destination definitions. Click

Add item

to create a new email destination definition, or Add group to create a new

destination group. Click

Next.

1 of 7 (optional)

Select the

Select from list option, then select an available Tag, Content Category, or

Tag and Category Group

for this rule. Click Add item to create a new tag or content

category. Click

Add group to create a new tag and category group. Click Next.

2 of 7 (optional)

Select the

Select from list option, then select file types from the available list. Use the

Other File Types

option to select unlisted (unknown) file types. Click Next.

3 of 7 (optional)

Select the

Select from list option, then select file extensions from the available list. Use

the

Other | Other file extension option to select unlisted (unknown) file extensions. Click

Next

4 of 7 (optional)

5 of 7 (optional) Select

Select from list option, and select one or more attachment types.

Select actions from the available list. By default, selecting an action selects both

Online and

. Deselect either as required. If you select Monitor, click Severity to modify the

6 of 7

value. If you select

Notify User, click Edit alert popup to modify the alert message, URL,

or link text. Click

Next.

7 of 7 Select an assignment group or groups, or define a new group by clicking

Add. Click Finish.

To activate the rule, right-click the protection rule icon and select Enable.

• 5. Re: Protection des e-mails avec HDLP (Protection of e-mails with HDLP)

Hello Kristin,

I have also an issue with email protection rule.

The scenario is, the tagged document when attached and send via email, the user should be notified and the event is monitored.

However, this was'nt take place when i attached and send the confidential tagged document.

I know that the taggings work as this has been successfully monitored in web posting and when copied to usb.

Outlook handler is also enabled so I couldn't figure what is wrong with the configuration I made.

McAfee product installed is: ePO 4.0 p5, HDLP 9.0

Thanks in advance..

• 6. Re: Protection des e-mails avec HDLP (Protection of e-mails with HDLP)

Did you enable the HTTP handler? Check if your user assignment group is right!

- AB