2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 27, 2009 12:38 PM by peter_eepc

Sync b/w safeboot and AD

Hi,

Need urgent help.....i have a requirement where we need to set safeboot password as AD password to skip windows gina authentication, i.e when a user changes/reset password on AD that password to be synched to safeboot. so that, when a user provides his user id/password at the safeboot logon, the same credentials should be passed onto windows gina screen and authenticate windows.

I'm able to achieve the functionality.

But there is a problem, when a user changes/reset his password on AD, its taking two reboots to reflect that change in safeboot, the scenario is explained below:

1) User changes/reset his password on AD
      2) user restarts his machine and provides Old safeboot password and later gets authenticated to windows gina (this is where the functionality is getting deviated)
      3) when user restarts his machine for the second time and provides safeboot credentials i.e, user id and old password, this time the windows authentication is getting failed and prompting for entering new password.
      4) After the password change in ms gina logon, when the user restarts the system, now safeboot logon takes place using the new password and then autheticates to windows.

Is there anyway by which we can elimiate the multiple reboots of the machine and achieve the functionality through a single reboot?

Regards,
      Naresh.