3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 19, 2009 1:36 PM by bburwell

epo 4.5: 2 newbie questions

We had epo 3.6.1 and now have epo 4.5 on Windows Server 2008.

Two newbie questions:

1) is there a setting somewhere to control how long before you get logged off the epo console?

2) is there a way to store credentials so that if I go to deploy an agent to someone I don't have to type the domain, admin username and admin password each time?

Thanks.

• 1. Re: epo 4.5: 2 newbie questions
          Colesky

Answers to you questions below:

1) is there a setting somewhere to control how long before you get logged off the epo console?

You can change it on web.xml under Program Files\McAfee\ePolicy Orchestrator\Server\conf\ Open it with, Notepad search for session-timeout. Change the current entry from 30 to the desired number in minutes.

2) is there a way to store credentials so that if I go to deploy an agent to someone I don't have to type the domain, admin username and admin password each time?

Yes.  You need to generate an agent installation package with the credentials embedded.  In ePO go to systems -->  Systems Tree Actions -->  New Systems -->  Then select the radio buttom that says create and download agent installation package.  That will embedd the credentials in the package so you don't have do retype this everytime.  However, this is only applicable if you are running the agent locally or pushing it with a 3rd party product. 

• 2. Re: epo 4.5: 2 newbie questions
            GWIRT

1. You can follow https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB51641 to set this.

2. While embedding credentials will work for the agent you can't save these credentials in the ePO console. You can submit this as an FMR (Feature Modification Request) through support.

• 3. Re: epo 4.5: 2 newbie questions

Thank you both.