It sounds like Enterprise 8.7i maybe? or a really really old home version that needs to be manually updated.
What does the icon in the system tray look like?
Yes it is the Enterprise version. The icon in the tray is a shield with a V on it.
okay, you posted this in the home products area.
I'll move it to enterprise area so that it will get looked after
I have the same problem, at the end error message 'failed to update beacause the packages could not be found in the repository' comes when i try to run autoupdate on my laptop with windows vista. i have Mcafee 8.7i. Plz help me. i'll be very thankful
- Has the machine ever updated correctly?
- Have you verified that the repository pointed to on the machine that does not update is the same as the one on the 'good' machine?
Yes it has updated in the past.
That's the problem. I don't know where the repository is. Where should I be looking?
On the computer that is working okay:
- Click Start, Programs Files, McAfee, VirusScan Console.
- From the menu click Tools, Edit AutoUpdate Repository List.
- Note the relevant settings
- Exit VirusScan Console.
Apply these settings to the computer that is failing to update.
If required, consult the following KnowledgeBase article as per instructions below: KB55550 - ERROR: The Update has failed (Mirror Task fails)
I checked the settings and paths and they were all the same.
Where can I find that knowledgebase article?