4 Replies Latest reply on Nov 17, 2009 6:35 AM by trichter

Erroneous Computer Entry in Manager

Greetings All,

Today I went into my "Devices" Tab in the Manager and it took forever to load up the list of devices.

The first entry was this

![ERROR 0xdb010002] id=0000018f

If I try to view the properties or delete it I get this.

MEE_Error1.jpg

And this...

MEE_Error2.jpg

Can someone explain what is happening and how to correct?

We are using build 517-0018

THX

• 1. Re: Erroneous Computer Entry in Manager

the computer in question is busy working - just leave it and it will get done eventually.

• 2. Re: Erroneous Computer Entry in Manager

SafeBoot wrote:

the computer in question is busy working - just leave it and it will get done eventually.

I'll check it tomorrow and get back to you.

THX

• 3. Re: Erroneous Computer Entry in Manager
              mwilke

You also do not want to delete that machine.

If you see something like this:

MachineName

MachineName001

MachineName002

It looks like the 001 and 002 are bad machines.  What happens is your initial sync when you first installed MEE didnt go so well so each time it restarted it had to recreate the machine name.  This resulted in the apending of the 001 and 002.  Normally when you see this, the highest number sequence... in this case the 002 machine..... is the actual correct machine.  You should delete the other two and rename the MachineName002 to MachineName after deleting them.

You can always check the audit log from the database for each of these three machines.  You will probably notice that the first two are empty meaning they are duds... and the 002 will have an active audit trail informing you that this is infact the correct and working machine.

• 4. Re: Erroneous Computer Entry in Manager

mwilke wrote:

You also do not want to delete that machine.

If you see something like this:

MachineName

MachineName001

MachineName002

It looks like the 001 and 002 are bad machines.  What happens is your initial sync when you first installed MEE didnt go so well so each time it restarted it had to recreate the machine name.  This resulted in the apending of the 001 and 002.  Normally when you see this, the highest number sequence... in this case the 002 machine..... is the actual correct machine.  You should delete the other two and rename the MachineName002 to MachineName after deleting them.

You can always check the audit log from the database for each of these three machines.  You will probably notice that the first two are empty meaning they are duds... and the 002 will have an active audit trail informing you that this is infact the correct and working machine.

I knew about the incremental PC Names, it was just that error one that I had never seen before.