3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 15, 2009 9:35 AM by Peter M

Why does my password keep having to be re-set?

First when I realized that when I didn't have a "redirection malware" ending up here and figured out there was not longer the old forum (which I liked better)  I found out I could use my regular password.

Since then, I've visited about 3 times, and each time my new password has been rejected. I've had to reset it each time. Anyone have an answer for that?

• 1. Re: Why does my password keep having to be re-set?
          Peter M

I just sent you a private message with a new password which you can change to whatever you desire.  I can only assume that it's your browser not saving passwords correctly - possible a bad cookie.  The answer would be to clear out all your cookies, history etc.  In IE7 or 8 the quickest way to do that is go to Tools/Internet Options/Advanced and click Reset, then Apply and OK.  OK any prompts the system throws up.

Close and reopen IE and go to Tools/Manage Add-ons and re-enable the add-ons.

• 2. Re: Why does my password keep having to be re-set?

Thank you, I think I took a short cut before I saw your e-mail reply.  I yet again went through the resetting of my password but this time I ticked on the "remember me" and closed out of my browser, shut off my computer, came back on line,  came to forums and  this time I didn't have to sign in.

so in my case "remember me" seemed to be the answer.  I think I have the browser set to not remember passwords (if that is possible in IE). So somehow I over-rode it for this forum or else "remember me" sets a cookie.

• 3. Re: Why does my password keep having to be re-set?
              Peter M

Glad it was that simple.  Good luck!