Use MCPR.exe to uninstall McAfee. Find steps below.
- Download the removal tool from: http://download.mcafee.com/products/licensed/cust_support_patches/MCPR.exe
- Click Save and save the file to a folder on your computer.
- Navigate to the folder where the file was saved.
- Make sure all McAfee windows are closed.
- Double-click MCPR.exe to run the removal tool.
NOTE: Windows Vista users must right-click MCPR.exe and select Run as Administrator.
- Restart your computer after receiving the message CleanUp Successful.
Your McAfee product will not be fully removed until the system is restarted.
Run Windows Installer CleanUp utility to ensure that there are no traces of McAfee software.
Reinstall McAfee and Run updates, this should help.
Let us know the outcome
after I reinstalled Windows and McAfee after catching a virus, the computer now gets slower and slower during an internet-session. Do you have an idea to solve this problem?