RSD 2.0 must be installed first - to do this extract the zip file RSD200L.ZIP and run setup.exe. Further instructions are in the Readme document.
After RSD 2.0 is installed you can then upgrade to RSD 2.0 Patch 2 by following the steps below (taken from the release notes):
Bringing products under management
Use these steps to install the extension (ZIP) file for Rogue System Detection.
- You must have ePolicy Orchestrator 4.0 Patch 2 (or later patch) and Rogue System Detection 2.0 installed prior to upgrading to the McAfee Rogue System Detection 2.0 Patch 2.
- You must have appropriate permissions to perform this task.
- Ensure the extension file is in an accessible location on the network.
- Go to Configuration | Extensions, then click Install Extension. The Install Extension dialog box appears.
- Browse to and select the extension file RSD200P2.zip, then click OK.
- Click OK to install the extension.
- Verify "Rogue System Detection" appears in the Extensions list and reports as version 184.108.40.206.
But from where can i download the Package RSD200L.ZIP, i couldnt find it in my mcafee downloads
If you go to to ePO 4.0.0 under "My Products" you should see the RSD 2 download there.
Thank You gerryigney
Can i use this package for my ePO 4.5.0?
I'm not sure Tom, just got my MSDE DB switched over to SQL so have only started looking at ePO 4.5.
I think you need Patch 2 of RSD for ePO 4.5, I'd imagine that you use the same installers but like I say, haven't tried it yet myself. Patch 2 for RSD in available from the downloads section of the McAfee portal.
ePO 4.5 comes with RSD bundled - the RSD available separtely is only for ePO 4.0.